2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My car is just being finalised, should be about 2 weeks roughly. Does anyone else think I should upgrade the speakers (I don't listen to Death metal or D&B etc. so don't need enough bass to blow out the windows, been there done that...lol). The test car's speakers seemed good, and clear, so I decided against the two lots of speakers and the Bass-works thing, I mean 750 quid for the stuff seemed quite pricey..... but after reading on here, have I made the right decision??

TIA,
Tom

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
After what I've read in this forum, an aftermarket upgrade is to be preferred.
Infinity REF6520CS should fit if you don't want to bother with sw.

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
The Honda upgrade have been well slated , most people go the after market route

·
Premium Member
763 Posts
Yes, go aftermarket route... you'll be much, much more happy!
As for Infinities, they are probably good, but there are also lots of other aftermarket speakers that fit.

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, I'll probably end up sticking with the standard ones then for a while, as I don't really want to go down the DIY route on a brand new car, maybe in a couple of years or so I'll pop in some Infinities, I had them (6x9's) on my Corsa and the power from them through just my standard Sony head unit was immense.

I'm glad I didn't waste 750 quid on the speakers now (I'll put it towards the spoiler and some fuel instead, lol)

Tom

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just taken delivery of 1.8 Sport last week and part of my deal was to get co-ax speakers fitted in front and the back....the car is great really enjoying driving it :D

Everyone will hear things differently for sure, but I've been very impressed by the upgraded speakers......I've paid good money on previous cars for decent speakers \ headunit and this is really pretty decent compared to my old VW Golf........I'm sure added amplification would help further and some will want everything upgraded and if you have the time\inclination to do so then it'd prob be well worthwhile.

I've some fairly well specced seperates I use at home that cost a few grand collectively, so I appreciate decent sound when i hear it..........and I've been pleasently surprised by the sound produced in the civic with the dealer fit co-ax....feels solid and I've absolutely no complaints. My missus said last night how much better it sounds than the golf, so it must be fairly decent for her to say so.

Infinity make very good speakers for sure, but it's all down to yourself and whether you want to simply pick up your car with all the prep done, or get get someone else \ yourself to kit after taking delivery.............either way it will be better than the standard cones...which are not the best IMHO.

If my dealer had not been as cooperative in the deal I'd have gone for an infinity install I reckon.......but no plans to change anything now.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ive given my Bassworks Upgrade kit a good testing over the last few days - Pink Floyd sounded immense and My Bloody Valentines wall of noise was the dogs B*ll*x .... i kn ow others didnt rate it....but I am well happy....except that I cant hear the TV now!!!!!!!!;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts