2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Type-R GT [R-11523]
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I've mentioned elsewhere around here the Type-R is the only "Spaceship-styled" Civic that we get here in Aus. All the other Civics - Including the diesel and hybrid models are the JDM body/chassis.

On top of that, this is the first Type-R Civic we have ever had out here - the only other Type-R we've had was the Integra - the bad one....

The most annoying thing I keep encountering is the question "Why did you buy a Civic?" I'm getting really sick of having to answer with "It's not like any other Civic you've ever seen or driven..."

Coupled with this is the need to explain wtf a Type-R is....

I'm thinking that I could completely eliminate the first question and greatly reduce the need to explain the car if I remove the CIVIC badge from the boot - it's the only place on the car where it actually says Civic.

I could then just tell poeple that it's a Honda Type-R....

-H

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Why not, just let it get hot in the sun and use some dental floss to gently remove it then polish it gently and wax the area.

Tom

·
Type-R GT [R-11523]
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Has anyone here had any bad experiences with doing this?

Last thing I want is a darker bit of paint that says CIVIC or damaged paintwork or holes in the panel.

I assume that it's only held by glue? It doesn't have pins/bolts sticking out the back and through the panel?

-H

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
It's just stuck on with self adhesive backing - Like Tom says, let it get hot in the sun, or use a hairdryer to warm it up. It should pull off fairly easily then - I like to floss idea. I've de-badged all the cars I've had whenever possible.

·
Type-R GT [R-11523]
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys... Might give it a go in the morning.... Have to borrow a hairdryer from GF though :)

-H

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Let us know how it goes - I'll be doing mine when I get it!

·
Type-R GT [R-11523]
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
I believe FWH did his successfully, with that method.

Tom

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Actually my Civic was done by the dealer.
But the method works.
I stand corrected FWH, thanks for clarifying that :)

Tom

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Easy to do, just use a hairdryer or a hot air gun ( but only if its adjustable; ie it does warm ). Mine came off with this method just by pulling it off, after gently heating. looks better IMHO.:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts