2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.

For the last few weeks I've been considering selling up & moving on to a different car.

Thinking about a bigger saloon car, like E55 AMG or something like that. Bit more of a relaxed drive(lol..). But, decided with in this year is probably the best time to buy it because of future plans with the Mrs.

Thing is, I don't want to trade my car in for £6k (Been given the price by 3 different dealers).

So i have considered selling it on here. Just wondering if anyone could give me some advice on if i should try putting it back to stock (best i can) & sell, or try sell it as it is.

The car info is:

2007 (57) Type R GT in Deep Bronze
46,500 miles

From what i've read its 6k trade in value or seems to be around 7-7.5k private.

The added extras are;

Bilstein B14 Coil overs + FRS/15mm drop (Covered 4k miles, have been perfect!)
Milltek exhaust (Covered 4k miles, awesome mod!)
HKS RSK (brand new really! + Still have OEM intake)
Rage alloys (Need refurb reall, but have quite new centre caps)
Replica Mugen Wing
Vented carbon bonnet
Air intake scoops (Still have fogs)
Front & rear GP splitters
Skunk 2 gear knob with new real leather gaiter (Still have OEM knob)
Window tints
Alloy filler cap

Problem is, i couldn't have all the OEM parts sitting around so had to really get rid. Also to try get some cash back at the time. So if i haven't said i still have the OEM part, then they have gone.

Think it'd be worth selling on here as is?
Or like i said, attempt to put back to stock?

I know i will not get anywhere near the amount spent back on the mods, but might find someone who would like to buy it as is & pay a bit more for the car & save a tonne on mod costs!

It'll be a very sad say when i do come to sell this car though, love it!

Cheers guys.

Attachments

·
Living the dream!
8,543 Posts
try and sell here as it is or do a for sale thread with price including the oem part, downside to this is you will have to help people swap the parts over so you have to decide if it is worth the hassle

·
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah i was consider doing some for sale threads.

If i knew there were plenty of DBP owners looking for a GP kit, the GP kit could be a good sell.

Maybe i'll put it up for sale as is, with a bit of a price jump for the mods, see if i have any luck.

·
ex CW FN2 owner
595 Posts
I would try and sell it 1st as a complete car on here then if its taking to long strip it back to stock as you will sell all the items in here in no time, then either advertise it private on pistonheads/auto trader etc you are more likely to sell a stock car quicker on there.

You could pick up an OEM exhaust etc for not much or even look at doing a swap etc if some is after upgrading.

Good luck with what ever you decide to do,I will keep my eyes on the sale thread as I quite fancy a HKS.

·
regrets his username
7,982 Posts
Dealers won't be that interested in the mods, I'd put it back to normal and sell the parts on here, that way more money in your pocket. I've kept all my parts in the attic for this reason alone, mind you a private sale with mods should see you with a better price than the dealers

·
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would try and sell it 1st as a complete car on here then if its taking to long strip it back to stock as you will sell all the items in here in no time, then either advertise it private on pistonheads/auto trader etc you are more likely to sell a stock car quicker on there.

You could pick up an OEM exhaust etc for not much or even look at doing a swap etc if some is after upgrading.

Good luck with what ever you decide to do,I will keep my eyes on the sale thread as I quite fancy a HKS.

Yeah i will try it on here first.

Few months away yet, probably. I have a few months or insurance left, plus i have some saving to do.

Cheers for the replies guys.

·
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dealers won't be that interested in the mods, I'd put it back to normal and sell the parts on here, that way more money in your pocket. I've kept all my parts in the attic for this reason alone, mind you a private sale with mods should see you with a better price than the dealers

Wish i had space in the attic or garage for all the parts I've swapped lol.

Well i did have the state of mind when modding the car that all money I've spent on mods is 'lost money' but if i can claw a little bit back, I'd be happy with that. Probs will get a bit of money for them on a private sale.

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
GP kit and Skunk2 please

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

·
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Obviously if i decide to sell the GP kit it would be on a for sale thread, but conditions would be a swap for the original splitters. So would have to meet & do the work to swap them over. Plus it'd have to be DBP that i'd do the trade with.

So kind of makes the whole situation a bit complicated, so would probably end up selling as is or it would be a huge pain in the backside!

·
Premium Member
2,669 Posts
Sell the car on here mate but if you have no luck selling then when your going back to stock, ill happily take the front GP spilitter and fog intakes out of your hands :)

·
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It'd be nice to get as much for my mods as i can & seems most of the mods i'd be able to sell pretty swiftly lol.

Only problem is, i don't mind going with out a car for a few months, but i don't plan to end my insurance to loose my year no claims. (Was thinking of just using my parents cars while i'm car-less)

So looks like i'll be keeping my car for probably another year or so while i save up enough to just jack my car straight in for another one, so when i'm closer i may look at swapping some mods for standard.

·
Premium Member
2,669 Posts
was going to say that as you can part exchange :). When you back to standard let us (me) know when your selling as i dont want to miss anything ;)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts