2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, looking to put some aftermarket alloys on my milano red 9g, just want to see other peoples before I take the plunge! All appreciated, thanks :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hey, looking to put some aftermarket alloys on my milano red 9g, just want to see other peoples before I take the plunge! All appreciated, thanks :)
There are loads of websites where you can see what the wheels look like on your car, maybe try one of them. Styling is always a very personal thing, one persons masterpiece is another persons Tonka Toy.

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
agree looks are important (and yes the TE37s are a great looking wheel) but also consider the weight/ construction. a lightweight wheel makes a massive difference - depending on your budget, forged is best, in not then flow formed. A cast wheel is cheap but likely to be heavy and not very strong. If the site / supplier your looking at does not quote (or know) the wheel weight then personally i'd avoid.

@Joshimitsu93 on a red car i'd have black wheels personally but each to their own :)

Bronze would look good too: Rays Volk Racing TE37 - 7.5Jx18+48114.3-5H for Sale | Croooober

^ those are identical to mine bar the colour.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
agree looks are important (and yes the TE37s are a great looking wheel) but also consider the weight/ construction. a lightweight wheel makes a massive difference - depending on your budget, forged is best, in not then flow formed. A cast wheel is cheap but likely to be heavy and not very strong. If the site / supplier your looking at does not quote (or know) the wheel weight then personally i'd avoid.

@Joshimitsu93 on a red car i'd have black wheels personally but each to their own :)

Bronze would look good too: Rays Volk Racing TE37 - 7.5Jx18+48114.3-5H for Sale | Croooober

^ those are identical to mine bar the colour.
to be honest, alot of people have said stick with black, which makes sense as alot of the small details are black also! Thanks mate

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here's my setup on my FK3 -

18x8.5 ET42 Bola FLC in Gunmetal
Yellowspeed Coilovers

Looking to sell the car soon, so the wheels and coilovers are available if anyone wants this look 😀
Really nice looking motor that is mate, even more so with the maxton splitter!!!

·
Registered
182 Posts

Yellowspeed Coilovers

Looking to sell the car soon, so the wheels and coilovers are available if anyone wants this look 😀
That is pretty much the perfect stance and the wheels look good on that colour car. I am sure someone out there will snap up the wheels and coils when you sell it. Are you staying Honda or changing to something else?

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
I sold my DC5 recently as it was too mint to take on track, and I have no need for a daily FK3 any more, so I've bought a MK7 Fiesta ST for pennies to have a bit of fun in!

·
Registered
182 Posts
I sold my DC5 recently as it was too mint to take on track, and I have no need for a daily FK3 any more, so I've bought a MK7 Fiesta ST for pennies to have a bit of fun in!
Heard good things about the ST so I am sure you will have fun in it. Maybe back in a Honda one day?

·
Super Moderator
3,347 Posts
have you sought treatment for your addiction?
or did someone prescribe a dose of Ford.

·
Premium Member
135 Posts

Yellowspeed Coilovers

What sort of money are you after for wheels and maxton front splitter? 😁

·
Registered
182 Posts
Had 14 Type Rs now, so, probably lol
Why so many, couldn’t you find one you liked lol? Sadly I can’t justify having one as I do so few miles against the running costs and I know I would want to modify it even in a small way as I have done most cars I have owned. But if I do get any money together it would be a blue FN2. So far I am happy with my 1.8 which can go if you get it in the right gear and looks nice with the lowered springs and spacers and only 29,000 miles on an 8 year old car.

ECC33C67-8FE2-4981-9D0B-7389EC4201F1.jpeg

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Had so many Type R's because I love them, had my first EP3 when I was 21, now I'm 36 and also had FN2s, DC5s, DC2s, etc and also AP1 - not quite a type R but still special.

All fantastic cars.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Why so many, couldn’t you find one you liked lol? Sadly I can’t justify having one as I do so few miles against the running costs and I know I would want to modify it even in a small way as I have done most cars I have owned. But if I do get any money together it would be a blue FN2. So far I am happy with my 1.8 which can go if you get it in the right gear and looks nice with the lowered springs and spacers and only 29,000 miles on an 8 year old car.

View attachment 317937
same with me mate, love my 1.8! Really loves to rev, anything over 4k and it feels a lot faster than it actually is!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts