2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: Don't Label Me!!!!!

Miggins said:
If you really want rid and they are impossible to remove safely - go buy a new sun visor (££££££££££). Even the UK part possibley won't have the stickers on. I know for Honda bikes the stickers used to be a seperate part and were only included on the original factory fitted parts.

I too want rid and these are the only labels/badges left on my car - apart from a 'H' at the front and rear!!
Same for me.. my car dealer tried to put one of his stickers on, and I said don't you dare if you do I make you take it off again..!!! So he id not put one one..hehehe

BUT my number plate has his fr**** companies name on it.. see pics I post later on.

·
Enthusiastic Supporter
627 Posts
The Civic is the first car I have taken delivery of and as requested, it came without dealership stickers (apart from their tax disc holder which is now in the bin).

The dealer ID on your numberplates is a legal requirement along with their postcode - came in with the new font to make them easier to read by big brother. If you get replacement plates the 'shop' making them should also put their details on.

I'm miffed as I had a slight bump my SEAT and it now has a Ford dealers plate on it!!!!!!!

Obviuosly this doesn't apply to 'show' plates :wink:

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Miggins said:
The Civic is the first car I have taken delivery of and as requested, it came without dealership stickers (apart from their tax disc holder which is now in the bin).

The dealer ID on your numberplates is a legal requirement along with their postcode - came in with the new font to make them easier to read by big brother. If you get replacement plates the 'shop' making them should also put their details on.

I'm miffed as I had a slight bump my SEAT and it now has a Ford dealers plate on it!!!!!!!

Obviuosly this doesn't apply to 'show' plates :wink:
:evil: :evil: :evil: WHAT.. they r having a blinking laugh .. :evil: what is next... :twisted:

I mean lets face it, if I wanted to do advertising for my local dealer, surely they should pay me for it, or not?! :cry:

All this European requierments are starting to p*** me right off... (sorry but its true...)

When u r saying show plates, what you mean by that? :lol:

·
Enthusiastic Supporter
627 Posts
The law is the law.....thats the black, white and blue of it

Plates that are not for road use. e.g. Very small plates/fonts used on bikes/cars at shows, curly writing, odd colours, pictures behind the reg number etc.

Used as a way of selling non legal plates!

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: The law is the law.....thats the black, white and blue o

Miggins said:
Plates that are not for road use. e.g. Very small plates/fonts used on bikes/cars at shows, curly writing, odd colours, pictures behind the reg number etc.

Used as a way of selling non legal plates!
[smilie=grrrrrr.gif] Blast... ohh well I just spray black paint over the car dealers details.. :wink: and see what the nice German police says to that...
[smilie=hellyeah.gi: or I write [url]www.honda.de[/url] over it... 8)

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
allan40alt said:
Why not get a set of 'show plates' in road legal graphics? That way you won't have the dealers name on them :wink:

ps: have a look at www.myshowplates.com
I WISH I could do that, but in Germany you have;

1: After the LA you have to things on the number plate firstly the MOT Metal Plate
2: and secondly your Area (in my case) Baveria on it...

[smilie=crying.gif] [smilie=cwl.gif]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
..still looks good in Black though....don't worry about it...people look at the CAR not the plate (except with mine over here, of course! Then they look at both!!). :wink:

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
allan40alt said:
..still looks good in Black though....don't worry about it...people look at the CAR not the plate (except with mine over here, of course! Then they look at both!!). :wink:
Yes I know.. you are right, but it still ennoys me deep inside that they get away with advertising without my consent.. :?

·
Enthusiastic Supporter
627 Posts
Please read the number in front of you..........err

I once went without a plate for some time (lost off the back of my motorbike!!) and never got stopped!!!! But when I was missing a small corner of my plate and all the numbers/letters were intact and clear I was public enemy No. 1

You won't get stopped or fail an MOT for not having a dealer name and post code on your plate!

The one thing I had to ditch, was the aweful front number plate surround (Black plastic thing).

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hugeeee Number plates on bikes here as well....

Miggins said:
I once went without a plate for some time (lost off the back of my motorbike!!) and never got stopped!!!! But when I was missing a small corner of my plate and all the numbers/letters were intact and clear I was public enemy No. 1

You won't get stopped or fail an MOT for not having a dealer name and post code on your plate!

The one thing I had to ditch, was the aweful front number plate surround (Black plastic thing).
Yes the black plastic thing is horrible... I try to get a plain number plate holder, if it comes to it I order it in the UK if I can.

On my motorbike I had the same problem over here, firstly you can only get your numberplates made over here at the MOT place, after being used to a very (!!!!) small plate from my bike in the uk, coming over here to that huge thing. I hated it. Every copper could read it from behind still miles away. In the end I bend my plate in the middle, making the bottom stick up. Oh my God once I did that all hell broke loose with the police. Twice I had to get my number plate re-done, turn up at the police station showing them my correct and not bend number plate. :twisted:
So call urselfs lucky being able to have you number plate done in Halfords etc.

·
Enthusiastic Supporter
627 Posts
I fought the law.............

I like a smaller plate on my bike but don’t 'approve' of those that are impossible to read (car/bike/???) or use 'distracting' techniques.

I've managed ok on my bike for 4 years - that was until I high-sided it at x-mass!!!!! Mr Plod wasn't bothered - in fact he was almost sympathetic to both my predicament and my bikes (delusion)!!!

The law is the law :cry: :cry: :cry:

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
just as an aside point :)

the legal size of your (UK) plate actually relates to the gap around the edge of the (particular size and font) numbers and letters. *

Therefore if you were to purchase the reg no 'A1', your actual plate would legally only need to be a few inches wide :D

Applies more to bikes than cars to be fair - 'A11 ABC' happens to be a lot more bike sized friendly than 'AA55 ABC' :D

* this was the case about 3 years ago anyway, when I bought my last bike plate, don't know if it's still the case :)

·
您看了
456 Posts
Re: Please read the number in front of you..........err

Miggins said:
I take it you just unsrew this and the plate screws right onto the Bumper obscuring any holes? Interested to see a picture....

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
allan40alt said:
What size plate could I have for my reg: 40 ALT then :?:
http://www.dvla.gov.uk/vehicles/regmarks/reg_marks_current_requirements.htm for full details, but...

Sizes per Character
Height 79mm
Width (except the figure 1 or letter l) 50mm
Stroke 14mm
Space between characters 11mm
Space between groups 33mm
Top, bottom and side margins (minimum) 11mm
Space between vertical lines 19mm

So you would need:
Side margin (11mm)
Width (50)
Character Gap (11)
Width (50)
Group Gap (33)
Width (50)
Character Gap (11)
Width (50)
Character Gap (11)
Width (50)
Side Margin (11)

total of 338mm by my adding up :D

Which I bet is a bit less than you've got at the moment... :wink:

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Thank's for that, TT, at the moment they're 520. That's quite a difference. [smilie=upyeah.gif]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts