2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys and girls, I bought an ES CDTI today but I really wanted an EX for the satnav. The deal on the ES was too good to turn down so I am now looking at installing a sat nav.

Please show off your sat nav installs!!

Ideally I would like to install a used Honda sat nav unit but I believe this can be very costly, any thoughts?

If people agree that is costly, is it only impulse that does the double din conversion kit as it seems very expensive at £170 + VAT?!

Any recommendations on what aftermarket double din sat nav to buy? I can't afford brand new so I'm looking for ebay bargains at the minute.

sorry for all the questions

any help much appreciated

thanks
Kev

·
Slow Driver
1,418 Posts
I had a pioneer on my old civic but can't remember what it was called.
pioneer.jpg nice.jpg

Fitment wise at that time: had to place the oem stereo behind the dash, but as I understand now there's a way to fully remove it.

·
Slow Driver
1,418 Posts
I used the OEM Honda use. At that time it cost £80.

That's a nice unit... must be one of the new models. If you're happy with it then no one's stopping you from buying it! :)

·
Premium Member
1,808 Posts
I had Impulse do all of my I.C.E

But for just the For the Pioneer AVIC-F930BT + New dash surround + fitting it was £900
It has Nav with live traffic, DVD player and built in Parrott hands free and Bluetooth connectivity which is great and so easy to use. Step in car, phone syncs to the unit and all my contacts and music are there in the touch of a button or voice command.

I loves it I do :D

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
is your illumination red because its a type r or have you modified it?

love the headunits by the way. Is yours an impulse install as well?

·
OOOOSH
800 Posts
is your illumination red because its a type r or have you modified it?

love the headunits by the way. Is yours an impulse install as well?
The stereo allows you to choose the colour.
I purchased the stereo and conversion kit from Impulse, but installed it myself.

·
Premium Member
1,808 Posts
The speedo and dash are red as its the Type R

and as above, the head unit you can choose. I have it currently set to cycle through the colours which looks ace at night :)

Smig, you have a fine choice of headunit there ;)
I opted for a sub and speaker upgrade as well so the bass is mighty good and I havnt even amplified it yet. That is the next stage :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Is there anywhere like Impulse audio in the north west?
Im swapping my 06 Diesel for a 09 petrol next year and was planning on doing a proper job on the radio...

·
Premium Member
762 Posts
how do you guys control the heating? mines a EX model, so i have to use the sat nav screen on the upper dash, will leave mines redundant if i ent with this other setup
Just the ability of sycnhing my iphone4 contacts with the stereo is a plus for me
is the voice navigation on the Stereo any better.

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Here's mine it's a single din flip out unit so I can utilise underneath properly for my switch setup :) I have carbon fibre wrapped the panel and head unit surround :) Switches operate, sub, footwell lights and garden gates :)

Satnav unit is installed in the armrest, total time take for complete hu etc. install, about 5 hours :)

Attachments

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Is there anywhere like Impulse audio in the north west?
Im swapping my 06 Diesel for a 09 petrol next year and was planning on doing a proper job on the radio...
Buy and fit yourself, is a complete POP :D a few hours if you take it nice and slow :)

Tom

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Here's mine it's a single din flip out unit so I can utilise underneath properly for my switch setup :) I have carbon fibre wrapped the panel and head unit surround :) Switches operate, sub, footwell lights and garden gates :)

Satnav unit is installed in the armrest, total time take for complete hu etc. install, about 5 hours :)
Sweet :) ..... Love the switches!

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts

whats the thing on the right of the switch panel, is that the bat signal, lol! :D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts