2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Dr. Evil
3,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Accord shrunk in the wash! :eek:
So, after much discussion, I'm finally the owner of a lovely 06 plate nighthawk black 2.2l diesel Civic, SE spec.
A few pics:

Millenium Falcon dashboard (and all-important "start" button :D)

A couple of small issues, hopefully easily resolved:
Trim doesn't quite mate up properly on both sides of the car. Panels all line up perfectly, and there's no fresh paintwork so don't think it's been in a smash, just build quality issue I guess.

Drivers side wiper arm is a bit corroded

And look who's joyriding already, lol

The bodywork and interior isn't perfect, tatty bits you'd expect from a former repmobile, but nothing that can't be corrected fairly easily with a bit of elbow grease. First thing I'll be doing is colour-coding the trim, then type-R front grill and new wheels. Can't decide between 18" storms, or hunt for a set of 19" rages. Of course, a remap is on the cards once I've got used to the extra torque ;)

·
<3
2,103 Posts
Very nice :thumbsup: will look good colour coded!

·
Premium Member
6,012 Posts
Nice car mate, good colour choice too. :cool:

Looks like it's just one of the little retaining clips has popped out on the wheel arch trim. I caught my mud flap on a kerb a while back and when I got out the trim looked like that :(...just fiddled about a bit and it popped back in. :D

·
Dr. Evil
3,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks gers, I'll have a good look round and see. Used to the dodgy clips cos they were the same on my Accord. I'll be doing the same as you and using that dye to colour-code, massive difference between £20 for that and a bit of back to black, and £500 to get it painted, lol. The pics you put up in that thread looked spot on.

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Nice car matey! I had exact same issue with my mudflaps ripping the trim off. The problem is the flaps are rigid. I recommend you get the mudflaps off before they break any clips on the skirt.

·
Dr. Evil
3,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So it's the mudflaps that are the problem? I'm not bothered about them in the slightest, so might just take them off.

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
So it's the mudflaps that are the problem? I'm not bothered about them in the slightest, so might just take them off.
I would, I had my mudflaps on 2 days and it damaged the clips behind the skirt.

·
Civinfo Wind Up Merchant
2,472 Posts
I like the mudflaps :p

I wasnt going to put them on when i got the CTR kit, but i thought it topped it off nicely!

It's looking good matey :D

·
Dr. Evil
3,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Never been a fan of mudflaps, and solid ones like these on a low car like the Civic are just asking for trouble IMHO. I'll whip them off before I colour-code.

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
Nice car - I liked the look of the black ones - just a red one came up in the right spec for me.

What's the deal with colour coding/dying the side skirts. One of my rear arch trims looks like it's been bleached (almost like it's been done by sunlight?) - I wondered what I could do to get it back to looking right.

It's a shame you're not down near Cambs - I had a corroding issue with the wipers on my MX5 - blasted that, and the ironmongery off our wooden back gate too with smoothrite hammerite (thinned and sprayed on) - gave a good satiney/matty finish. I'd recommend taking the wiper off, wire brushing off what you can and then a couple of brush applied coats of smoothrite - that'll get it looking good again.

·
Dr. Evil
3,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well gers has dyed/back to blacked his and they look spot on. I think it's a lot easier for those with black civics, other colours don't really have many options apart from colour code or go straight black.

Thanks for the tip on the wiper arm, I'll give that a try. Failing that, I'll get a replacement from a breakers, shouldn't be too expensive.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Nice One...

BTW.. I hope that young Man is insured to drive said Car? :police:

lol... :)

·
Dr. Evil
3,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Pez, probably be cheaper to insure him than me, lol.

Helen, I had an 04 plate 2.0l saloon, lovely car, but economy wasn't great and I don't need the size anymore so had to get rid. Used to be on the accord owners club a lot.

drillerkiller, I'm hoping it's just a few broken clips, haven't actually had time to take the skirt off yet and look. The mudflap is heavily scuffed on the underside though, so I'm guessing someone has caught it, and it's dislodged the trim.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts