2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just bought my second civic. And not felt this before. When driving at speed above 50mph. I noticed a slight shudder / wobble / shaking coming through the steering wheel and peddle. It feels a little like an unbalanced wheel or warped disc when braking, but it isn’t. It is constant. I have ordered new ARb bushes as these feel worn. There is no knocking like the drop links do. And the suspension generally feels good.
It did have new brakes fitted when I bought it. Done 300 miles since.
I had my last civic for 4 years and did 80k miles in it and never came across this before.
Any ideas?

Cheers James

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
I had a ex rental Almera (Oh the shame of it) that had a shake through the steering wheel.

It had steel wheels an on inspection you could see one had been badly curbed. I took it back to the garage but they argued that I could have done it and didn't want to know.
I replace the wheel which helped but didn't fully remove. No amount of balancing sorted it so I got rid of it after 10 months.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
interesting. i got another set of wheeles might try that. i did wonder if wheele was cracked or somthing.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well I put new arb bushes on today and fitted another set of wheels and the wobble is still there. but wile I was at it I had a look at my drop links and the passenger side is a little loose. could twist it bat hand and the other side was solid. so think I might change them next. is there much difference between the heavy duty ones on ebay compared to the cheaper ones. or the ones they sell on euro car parts????

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My guess the most common cause of this will be a buckled wheel and if you spin the wheel on a wheel balancing machine it will be very easy to see

i have put two different wheeles ( as i have two sets of alloy wheeles) on the car and it is still shuddering.
so i dont think its that. i was wondering if it could be a damaged drive shaft? or mount or somthing

1 - 8 of 8 Posts