2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

The past two days I have noticed a strange issue.

When I stop the car at a junction for the first time, it shudders and the revs drop as if the clutch isn't in and I am about to stall. So a bit more info...it happens only the first time I approach a stop sign each journey and then after that it is fine. I am usually in a low gear with the clutch fully in and once it shudders for a couple of seconds it works perfect.

I don't think it is the DPF, as at the weekend I done a 300 odd mile journey which was 90% motorway and I wouldn't say I took it easy!

Anyone any ideas what could be causing it?

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
You have a DPF? This wouldn't be signs of a DPF failing.
Unless you mean dual mass flywheel (DMF). Mine can be a little juddery when cold.

If you look right at the bottom of the page you will similar threads - Could look at EGR valve or MAF sensor too

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply law000.

I hope it isn't the DMF as it was only changed around a year ago, so doubt it would need done again this soon. I will read up on the EGR and MAF sensors.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
I get this on my petrol too. I think it is acknowledged as being one of the quirks of the car.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I get this on my petrol too. I think it is acknowledged as being one of the quirks of the car.
Really? It has only started doing this and I have owned the car around 18 months. I am going to do a service this weekend which includes air/oil/pollen and fuel filter change along with an oil change and I have ordered the EGR valve gasket to clean it next weekend and hopefully this resolves the issue.

If anyone has experienced this and found the solution please let me know :)

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts