2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Morning all,

I have just posted a thread with Cox asking to the price for the front and rear splitters for the Civic Si in NHB. I spotted one yesterday (new) and I suddenly noticed the Type-R-esque front splitter, is it just me thinking this would be a good alternative for us 5 door owners to making the car look more sporty? :) Wouldn't need any dodgey/ misfitting of side skirts or wheel arches then... just need them colour coding. What you all think? I know its not a Type R kit, but I don't want people thinking I had a Type R (because I dont!) however, with a rear spoiler and some tints, maybe I could turn it into a SiR????:D

Regards,

TK

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm undecided on that front... er.. rear

Think the front looks good though and it would be hella lot cheaper than a full blown gp kit and will fit perfectly...

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
Very very interesting to me... I have the R Front and Rear Splitters and even exhaust triangles but for the life of me cannot find arches and skirts so I am interested in hearing/seeing more about this!!!

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
Anyone any more pics of the differences between the Si, R and Standard?

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
The si is what you have now just colour coded
Incorrect. Please see as below for comparison.

Anyone any more pics of the differences between the Si, R and Standard?
See attached picture.

Si front lip is not as rounded, grill goes back (Type-R style) on the outer edges, and is colour coded as mentioned.

Sorry about poor quality. Was done quickly.

Si Top Left.
Standard Top Right.
Type R Bottom left
Grand Prix Kit bottom right.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very very interesting to me... I have the R Front and Rear Splitters and even exhaust triangles but for the life of me cannot find arches and skirts so I am interested in hearing/seeing more about this!!!
Arches & Skirts I think best place to try would be your local dealer.

Although if you were to fit these Si splitters, you would just need the skirts & wheel arches you already have prepped & painted, then to fit these (saving you a considerable amount of money, with no gaps, though it is not a type-r kit I think it improves the look over the standard pre-facelift civic).

Hope this helps

·
Premium Member
1,682 Posts
Looks the same without zoom function lol ;)

Thing a bout the r kit is it's more argesive, Its a shame you have to get the arches aswell but so be it

I got all the kit just waiting to paint!

Also forgot to add cox are doing a group buy of the grand prix pack front for the 3 or 5 door, that way you can keep your original skirts and arches check the group buy section for more info, comes painted btw

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just at a big premium, altho if numbers confirm and price reasonable enough defo interested as I think its the best of all kits.

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
What sort of Exhaust Trims?

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
im quite liking the grand prix pack. its just going to be a pain in the arse to get arches then modifiy the skirts as they dont fit on a 5 door very well all just to get the type r front n rear when i dont actually have a type r (i will forever be branded as having a poor mans type r at work -.-)

just to sum up:_ will grand prix pack fit 5 door with no dodgey misfitting parts? available from cox? dont need any extra arces or skirts?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.