2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi lads,

I wonder if everything is OK with my FN2... I can get it that type r is not design for eco driving but.. my fuel consumption has never been so high. Computer shows me average one 13,4 l/km what is dodgy for me as I use vtec no to often 'cause baby on board.

I was driving Today on the motorway 120 km/h roughly 60km and reading from computer went down to 11,0 l/km. Is still sick like on driving on the 6th gear. Bit too high.

I have started thinking if maybe lamda (O2) sensor is faulty?

·
retroppuS
957 Posts
I'm currently averaging 22mpg with complete town driving to work which is a short 15 minute drive with start stop in the morning and the same on the way home in rush hour.

If I am on the motorway I can easily average 34+ mpg just cruising with no traffic.

Tbh... you don't get a type r with fuel consumption in mind, just enjoy ;)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im just wondering how to find out when O2 lamda sensor is dead. As far I know computer does not display it and only external computer can diagnose it what is Ok if somebody has right cable and software to read it. For me is pointless to buy it just for one check and same spend some sick money for computer diagnostic in mechanic. I would rather have it checked my self but dunno how.

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Wouldn't a faulty lambda sensor put the engine management light on ?

I know it has in my other cars.

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
My daily commute to work is 7 miles there and 7 back and I average 26.7mpg

When I go up north which is quite a lot its a 60mph speed limit with average speed cameras, roughly 130 miles to get up that road and I averaged 38.7mpg - was well happy!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have found that fuel consumption on CTR vary greatly depending on circumstances.
Generally, my car averages around 22-24 mpg, (but bear in mind that I'm driving in rush hours and Warsaw is one of the worst cities in Europe in terms of congestion), but I can also easilly do >35 on peaceful journey on motorway/b roads.
What I found interesting is that my car seems to be quite fussy in terms of fuel quality.
Quite quickly you can tell if you put rubbish into your tank ;) It manifestate it by idle rpm trembling, occasional cel AND terrible mpg, smth like ~17 mpg with rather 'catholic' driving style. Only solution then is to wait it up and fill it with a decent one, asap.

So, rutkose, maybe that would do the trick?

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
Hi lads,

I wonder if everything is OK with my FN2... I can get it that type r is not design for eco driving but.. my fuel consumption has never been so high. Computer shows me average one 13,4 l/km what is dodgy for me as I use vtec no to often 'cause baby on board.

I was driving Today on the motorway 120 km/h roughly 60km and reading from computer went down to 11,0 l/km. Is still sick like on driving on the 6th gear. Bit too high.

I have started thinking if maybe lamda (O2) sensor is faulty?
Lol thats around the same as my work car and thats a 5.7 V8 .... 13l/100km is 22MPG....

you must have left the handbrake on!

I used to see high 30's touching 40's on longer runs, with pure motorway driving when I was in the UK. and thats running a Group N ECU which supposedly runs richer than stock.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Comparing fuel consumption in different locations, weather, driving style, etc. is rather pointless.
Average of 13 liters per 100 km is pretty bad for a relatively small 2l N/A hatch, granted, but it's pretty close to what I get in mine. Car has been thoroughly checked recently and it's running allright, so I can rule out some mechanical faults. Also, It can manage with around ~7 l/km when driven very steadily.
So, basically, what I'm trying to say is - Fn2 can drink that much and still be healthy.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I get around 26-28 mpg mostly town driving and have done quite a bit to car, exhust and intake manifold cat back group n map, need a tune yet but I'm more than happy with mog.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts