2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so basically this has been driving me nuts on my white 9th gen type-r

ive found the following works to a much better degree than just leaving wiped clean.

Fully clean area with a damp microfibre and dry off.

Replace " autoglym" with your supplier of choice as the bodywork gets.
Apply "autoglym red polish", buff off.
Apply" autoglym gold topseal", buff off.

now this is the part that matters, the two above alone are, well rubbish for what is required, its not hydrophobic enough.

Apply RainX (the stuff some of us use on our windows)
buff off.

ive found the above keeps the inlays clean and free of particles for 2x longer (2 weeks so far 900 miles)
when im cleaning i also give them a clean with Rainx Glass cleaner to top up the rainx coating.
car is washed twice a week......mid-week light wash dryoff (rainx glass cleaner spary/wipe), weekends usually full wash and clean-down/polish etc.

due to both autoglym and Rainxs hydrophobic qualities, it seems to run off and take any collected dust with it :)

Finally! an improvement.

btw ive tried so many different combos :) anyone else found a product/regime that keeps the door inlays clean?

Ive given up with rear hatch, fact of life :) the above doesn't really help that, don't think anything ever will :) except a duster and clean post wash.

Registered
FK8 Type R & FN2 Type R
I was just thinking the other day that you should post this separately so other people could benefit from it and now I see you have! 馃榿
I've already ordered a few more rainx bottles to make sure I don't run out and can include it in my washing routine 馃槀
I would have never thought to try rainx, that's a brilliant find mate 馃憣

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was just thinking the other day that you should post this separately so other people could benefit from it and now I see you have! 馃榿
I've already ordered a few more rainx bottles to make sure I don't run out and can include it in my washing routine 馃槀
I would have never thought to try rainx, that's a brilliant find mate 馃憣
Treat yourself to mist X too mate do insides of the car glass stops it steaming up too :) with our water loving collie (no stopping him jumping in any water!) i need it o_O i do all the inside glass, especially the back glass interior with mistx after every clean thanks to Moss :p
tbh i had the lightbulb sitting on the wall having a coffee and ciggy break after doing the glass with rainx and had bottle at my feet n thought...wait a minute what if i.....!

im going to try their washer additive i think in water bottle, meant to prolong the coating applied to the glass.

Registered
FK8 Type R & FN2 Type R
Treat yourself to mist X too mate do insides of the car glass stops it steaming up too :) with our water loving collie (no stopping him jumping in any water!) i need it o_O i do all the inside glass, especially the back glass interior with mistx after every clean thanks to Moss :p
tbh i had the lightbulb sitting on the wall having a coffee and ciggy break after doing the glass with rainx and had bottle at my feet n thought...wait a minute what if i.....!

im going to try their washer additive i think in water bottle, meant to prolong the coating applied to the glass.
I'll have to order some! 馃榿 馃憣
I jus did a 80 mile trip today and still clean as a whistle. What really confused me is how ceramic coating them didn't actually reduce the buildup, just made it easier to clean (much easier actually) but your method works a treat.
Let me know how their washer additive works, would be interesting to see if it helps 馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll have to order some! 馃榿 馃憣
I jus did a 80 mile trip today and still clean as a whistle. What really confused me is how ceramic coating them didn't actually reduce the buildup, just made it easier to clean (much easier actually) but your method works a treat.
Let me know how their washer additive works, would be interesting to see if it helps 馃憤
Will do buddy.

Im thinking the combination of the wax beading plus hydrophobic properties of rainx lifts the dust as it collects in the water displacement to begin with and when dry it reduces the friction of the surface i think so keeps moving with the force that puts it there. Or its magic.:)

Registered
FK8 Type R & FN2 Type R
Will do buddy.

Im thinking the combination of the wax beading plus hydrophobic properties of rainx lifts the dust as it collects in the water displacement to begin with and when dry it reduces the friction of the surface i think so keeps moving with the force that puts it there. Or its magic.:)
That theory actually makes sense. I'll be honest, I spent a full 7 days preparing mine for ceramic coating and it was hard work, I had to spend many hundreds of pounds on all the different products to clean and all the equipment plus the actual ceramic coating and nano top coat and the anxiety of messing it up and after all that.....kind of disappointed. It looks great don't get me wrong and I like having something that should last 2-5 years and it beads water like crazy but I kind of miss trying out new LSPs lol. Apparently you're not supposed to apply wax over ceramic which is a shame. That and the fact that the car still gets filthy but instead it's easy to clean and doesn't stick, but if I could go back I'd save all that money and just use a wax or sealant.
Can you believe I was quoted 拢1700 to have it professionally done? o_O

Oh well, you live and you learn 馃槅 at least the rainx works over the ceramic so that's a plus. Also just ordered the mistx too!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts