2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I'd share some mods that I've done but not had time to post...

Side Camera

Dash Cam & i-MID Video

Attachments

·
Registered
815 Posts
Nicely done

Greetings,
Dark Flemish

·
Administrator
20,945 Posts
I wasn't considering going that far but I've been wondering whether I could fit something like a RoadHawk and get power from a splitter from the electronic rear view mirror to save putting wiring round the windscreen trim.

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is the Dash Cam I have....

2.0" LCD Dual Lens Car Vehicle HD DVR Camera Video Recorder Camcorder G-sensor | eBay

Not bad for the money, video quality is ok (night is not great in poorly lit roads, but adequate close up if someone hits you) and look nice and discrete in the car.

The only real issues are lack of GPS (so no location info) and crap battery.... Powers down after 2-3 mins when ignition off... Which makes parking mode useless.

I have installed a twin cig socket under dash near fuse box and connected using a fuse tap. If I move from a switched fuse to a perm live, that will solve the parking mode issue.

Will try soon, can't see this little thing draining the battery.

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is impressive, especially the idea with the camera facing the sidewalk.
Well done :perfect10:

(I can look at the weather that we are in England ;-) )

Btw...pics taken in Slovakia ;)

·
Registered
457 Posts
Βog I noticed your version in the rest box has video input.My version has usb, aux and 12v but no video connection.I don't know if there is a way to play video on I-mid.

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
N00B
445 Posts
With all that kit, you might as well fit ANPR ;)

·
Replica man
2,175 Posts
how to you rate the dash cam, any good for recording and forgetting about unless i have a crash? or do you need to turn it on every trip ect? Nice setup BTW:D

·
Registered
78 Posts
are those side cameras OEM?

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
are those side cameras OEM?
No

This is the one I have, although I paid £14.99 from a diffrent seller.

360 Ccd Car Vehicle Rear View Side/ Front Camera Back Up Spy Mini Cam Wide 120 | eBay

There are other £14.99 ones on ebay, but have different power connectors.

SONY CCD 360° Car Vehicle Front / Side / Rear View Reverse Camera Universal Fit | eBay

Mine has the slim line multi plug that is east to thread through door wiring rubber into the interior... took less than 30 mins to fit as the 9g has a pop of cap unter the mirror which I mounted the cam in :)

Does look oem ;)

·
Registered
78 Posts
No

This is the one I have, although I paid £14.99 from a diffrent seller.

360 Ccd Car Vehicle Rear View Side/ Front Camera Back Up Spy Mini Cam Wide 120 | eBay

There are other £14.99 ones on ebay, but have different power connectors.

SONY CCD 360° Car Vehicle Front / Side / Rear View Reverse Camera Universal Fit | eBay

Mine has the slim line multi plug that is east to thread through door wiring rubber into the interior... took less than 30 mins to fit as the 9g has a pop of cap unter the mirror which I mounted the cam in :)

Does look oem ;)
how did you do the wires. Here in CZ we have the rear OEM parking cam as a standart, so its taking the Imid video slot I think. I have aftermarket 2din navi, so I guess I will have to connect those cams there, right?

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
how did you do the wires. Here in CZ we have the rear OEM parking cam as a standart, so its taking the Imid video slot I think. I have aftermarket 2din navi, so I guess I will have to connect those cams there, right?
Yes

I'm the otherway around, because my car has the OEM Sat Nav and the reverse camera display's there instead of the iMID like all the other non-Sat Nav versions. So the iMID Video In sockets were free and active :)

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
Βog I noticed your version in the rest box has video input.My version has usb, aux and 12v but no video connection.I don't know if there is a way to play video on I-mid.
The video input only comes on models on with the Premium Audio, so in the UK that's only EX and EX-GT models.

I believe on other models the input to the I-mid is for the reverse camera only but I reckon there is a way to install a switch perhaps? I can't imagine you'd want to watch things on the i-mid though?

Jamie

1 - 20 of 43 Posts