2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a creaking noise coming from the plastic cover of the side curtain airbag. My dealer is going to replace it as soon as they get it from the factory I suppose.
Did any of you have this plastic cover replaced? or did you experience any irritating noises from that area (between the windshield, side curtain airbag and the front door window)?

·
Registered
120 Posts
I think that here is the same thing!

I noticed the same irritating noise coming somewhere near the drivers door and window. I havent yet located it fully but somewhere there it comes. Is it for sure the plastic part (side curtain airbag) where reads "Airbag" or something? And have you found out why is the noise coming from there?

I have a creaking noise coming from the plastic cover of the side curtain airbag. My dealer is going to replace it as soon as they get it from the factory I suppose.
Did any of you have this plastic cover replaced? or did you experience any irritating noises from that area (between the windshield, side curtain airbag and the front door window)?

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mine is coming from the front passenger side and not the drivers side!
I could not locate exactly where the noise is coming from that's why I took it to the dealer to locate it. They say it is coming from the pillar plastic covering the side curtain airbag! They also told me that it is a known problem for some models! So, they will replace it for me for free!
I agree with you that it is extremely difficult to locate the specific noise. I hope that it is indeed that plastic cover, otherwise....I really do not know what else it might be!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts