2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
I ordered Side protectors for my Type R, (part of the city pack) when I picked the car up on march 1st it was raining and they looked okay. But today parked in my works car park they seemed wavy and badly fitted.

I phoned my dealer and went down to see them and they agreed, and have ordered a new set for me?

Has anybody else had this problem with the side protector either on there own or in the city pack. I am sure I could have fitted them better myself............................

·
Foglight Covers FORSALE
3,178 Posts
might have fitted them 10 mins before you picked the car up. just watch they dont damaged any panels trying the remove them.

·
Administrator
20,951 Posts
That sounds to me like they have already fitted them once, in the wrong position, and the pressure needed to remove them has warped them.

In their new state they should be quite rigid (and straight) ?

Mine are

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
My rear ones were replaced for the same reason (apparently they don't work with the rear sensors????), Get them to heat the panels before application, thats what they did on mine and they're stuck well and truly :)

Tom

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have the city pack (side, front and rear protectors) - no issues with mine at all. They look great.

I also have parkings sensors - so there is no problem there.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got side strips replaced Friday okay know, got car washed and valeted and a free litre of engine oil for my troubles...........................:)

·
Registered
429 Posts
mine was half dangling off! poor worksman ship, i kind of hate the car more and more, 3rd gear prob not going away, buzzing from lite console and stilll non stop rattleing from boot, no more honda 4 me in future

·
Foglight Covers FORSALE
3,178 Posts
get it in the dealers and get it sorted until you are happy. honda likes problems so give them afew more to sort out!!!

·
Registered
429 Posts
I have the city pack (side, front and rear protectors) and dealer says my parking sensors are still working OK but emit no sound! Dealer says I need a new speaker. Unfortunately Honda do not keep speakers as spares so I am in for a long wait. Car is 3 weeks old and so far I have not reversed into any walls.

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
Please dont let dealers wash your car , the swirl marks they leave is shocking.Ithe protectors are shockingly expensive.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts