2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
grease monkey
132 Posts
they look very close to the genuine parts. can be a bit tricky as you have to drop both covers under the car, and then cut out some parts on order to make them refit. is easier if you have access to a ramp

·
Registered
94 Posts
Looks almost exactly the same as the genuine parts. If you do get them and want to fit them yourself, which is a relatively easy job, use a spare bolt and spray some wd-40 on it first to clean up the captive nuts/tappings which are already in the chassis. Then spray inside the threads as well. This can save a lot of time and damaged knuckles! The cutting out of the plastic guards is easy as well, because you just follow the lines on the inside. The Honda fitting guide is better as it goes into more detail. The only other thing I can recommend is cut the undertray using a Dremel fitted with a cutting disc, as they recommend a Stanley knife which can be hard going. Ramps would also be ideal. Under NO circumstances, work under your car supported only be the jack! :cool:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi jamfor, yes the company is College Hills Honda, I believe they are based in the US but their pod cast are very good. A little too good as I keep watching them and thinking, yes I can do that, then I watch it again and realise no, maybe not!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I fitted these side steps with a mate to mine (EX) without a ramp. Driveway slopes in part of it, so the underneath of the CRV is quite high.
Look good and handy for children to get in and out.
Quite wide and make the CRV look fatter (in addition to the factory fitted spoiler). Very pleased with them, as also in the same colour coordination as the car...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.