2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed that the green sidelight/headlight light on the dash is not illuminated when the lights are on.

I turned the engine off and turned the key which shows all the warning lights and it is not lighting up at all. I presume the bulb has gone.

How easy is it to change.

The car is only 21 months old... will that be covered under warranty?

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
fuse? though thin they all run through one or at most 2..

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
Try this:

1. Push and hold the SEL/RESET switch button.
2. Turn the headlights ON.
3. Turn the ignition switch ON (II).
4. Within 5 sec., turn the headlights OFF, then ON and OFF again.
5. Within 5 sec., release the SEL/RESET switch button, and then push and release the button three times repeatedly.

Will give you a chance to have a good look at all your dash lights to see which are working and which aren't.

Can't imagine they're particularly easy to change but might be covered by warrenty so worth asking your dealer.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Just noticed that the green sidelight/headlight light on the dash is not illuminated when the lights are on.

I turned the engine off and turned the key which shows all the warning lights and it is not lighting up at all. I presume the bulb has gone.

How easy is it to change.

The car is only 21 months old... will that be covered under warranty?
Check my green warning light this morning and it didnt come on during the start up warning light check, only when the lights are switched on. If everything is working, including all driving light I would consider a blown fuse but without any circuit diagrams I cant be sure.

Changed a panel illumination light many years ago and it wasnt easy. The panel was difficult to remove and I disturbed a connector so had to do it again.

The 09 Civic seems even worse, probably a job for the dealer. They will probably try and say it is wear and tear, but a failure after 2 years? I thought it was an LED so should not fail.

Is it a legal requirement to have it working.

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
Is it a legal requirement to have it working.
Don't think it is, no. I don't think you'll even fail you're MOT if it's not working.

Even if it is a legal requirement for it to work, who's going to notice? ;)

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
used the car later last night and it was working again... I will see how it goes and hope it was a one off.

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Don't think it is, no. I don't think you'll even fail you're MOT if it's not working.

Even if it is a legal requirement for it to work, who's going to notice? ;)
I failed an MOT on a previous car as the dash light never came on when the headlights were on :(
May of just been the mot tester...

Still it's worth getting it checked out

1 - 9 of 9 Posts