2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

101 - 120 of 163 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
the Accord clutch has 'printed' a different value on the pressure plate than the 325 set. as far as i remember it's 6600 vs 7500. I believe this is the spring pressure power in Newtons (N).
These clutches in i-dtec accords have been coping with software modifications of 210PS/450Nm.
I also know from polish accord forum that many people have installed the Type S Accord (factory 180HP/380Nm) clutch for 'regular i-DTEC Accords (150HP/350Nm) without any modifications at dealerships, because the regular clutch was slipping and it helped.
I made some pictures of the Type S clutch, also in comparison with regular Civic set

The pressure plate appears to be deeper on the Idtec? I presume it requires milling but where exactly did you remove the material from?

·
Registered
23 Posts
So specifically which part did you have material removed from? Why did you do it and how much material?
i took off 1,3mm off the pressure plate surface - the one that is pressing to the clutch disc
let's say 'the big metal ring' on the third picture.

when you look at the picture comparing the height of both clutches it is the surface upside.

i think this also confirms the thesis, that the i-dtec dmf is deeper..

·
Clutch pedal guru
5,098 Posts
Anybody want to be the guinea pig and get the iCTDi and iDTEC flywheels side by side to try??:popcorn:

·
Clutch pedal guru
5,098 Posts
i took off 1,3mm off the pressure plate surface - the one that is pressing to the clutch disc
let's say 'the big metal ring' on the third picture.

when you look at the picture comparing the height of both clutches it is the surface upside.

i think this also confirms the thesis, that the i-dtec dmf is deeper..
And you have no problems with the clutch dragging? There looks to be more than 1.3mm difference between the surface heights. I'd be concerned at getting it machined 100% level. Hence why it would be nice to try an iDTEC flywheel as mentioned above.

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
A precision engineering place should be able to do this easily, at what cost I wouldn't know. I'll happily be the guinea pig if it's funded by others:popcorn:
seriously though there must be scrap flywheels to had somehow.

·
Premium Member
2,088 Posts
If you say the DMF is deeper, and its not just a flange that's a bit proud, hence the 1.3mm grind, then is it heavier?

Al.

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,267 Posts
Start a "wanted" thread on here. ;)
I think I will be soon :( Slipped last week on the ** but hasn't done it since so I'm hoping to get a good few more miles out of the current one yet... Or, the Garage I got it from gave me 2yrs extended warranty and that was 13 month ago so may try blagging that. I won't hold my breath though.

F.F.S why does this not allow me to say M Eight? Can't put ** a=for the following.

·
Deserter to Lexus
1,999 Posts
I think I will be soon :( Slipped last week on the ** but hasn't done it since so I'm hoping to get a good few more miles out of the current one yet... Or, the Garage I got it from gave me 2yrs extended warranty and that was 13 month ago so may try blagging that. I won't hold my breath though.

F.F.S why does this not allow me to say M Eight? Can't put ** a=for the following.
Was that a 325 clutch fitted just 13 months ago?

It wont let you put that as I think the forum has a text talk slang filter, M eight is used for mate

·
Registered
23 Posts
And you have no problems with the clutch dragging? There looks to be more than 1.3mm difference between the surface heights. I'd be concerned at getting it machined 100% level. Hence why it would be nice to try an iDTEC flywheel as mentioned above.
no, no problems with dragging, the only thing I noticed is that the clutch is biting quite low, like it's at the end of it's life, but no slips noticed yet.

·
Registered
23 Posts
you are probably right, as this hasn't changed since the clutch is installed on my car.
I've already got used to it, but I notice it each time I use different car

·
Deserter to Lexus
1,999 Posts
you are probably right, as this hasn't changed since the clutch is installed on my car.
I've already got used to it, but I notice it each time I use different car
I drive that may cars ache day I probably wouldn't notice, however I do like it to be quite low, feels newer and tighter to me when the biting point is quite low, just my feeling though

What's the most torque you know of someone successfully running trough one of these? Seems you have a bit more knowledge of people tuning their accord clutches than we do on here

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
My CRV is going in to Honda for a bit of warranty work on Monday, i'll see what the situation with trying to get a used i-dtec flywheel from them would be. Maybe machining the Idtec flywheel would be a better option than machining the pressure plate?

·
Deserter to Lexus
1,999 Posts
My CRV is going in to Honda for a bit of warranty work on Monday, i'll see what the situation with trying to get a used i-dtec flywheel from them would be. Maybe machining the Idtec flywheel would be a better option than machining the pressure plate?
It would be the ideal situation as most of us replace the dmf anyway with a clutch so if we could just replace both the clutch and flywheel with genuine Honda units that can take a stage 2 we are laughing.

Gives people an alternative option to the current options which are very limited, the cg offerings may be ideal and perfect I'm just struggling to trust and take a punt with such a lot of money, just wish they would answer some of the more difficult questions sent their way, feels like theres something to hide when there probably isnt

·
Stage 3 Hybrid
1,932 Posts
I drive that may cars ache day I probably wouldn't notice, however I do like it to be quite low, feels newer and tighter to me when the biting point is quite low, just my feeling though

What's the most torque you know of someone successfully running trough one of these? Seems you have a bit more knowledge of people tuning their accord clutches than we do on here

Cheers
Currently running 450 lbs/ft 250 bhp on a Hybrid Turbo. Needed a CG Twin Plate clutch to handle it which was custom made by them for Honda CDTi's. Running well.

CG's latest 666 kit is the one I would recommend for a stage 2 tune up to 380 lbs/ft.
Have been a customer of them for a few years now and they have always looked after me.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I think I have jinxed myself. My 09 civic es with 56k miles I bought to replace my old sloger 06 sport with 145k miles has just started slipping. Hard to belive the old one lasted so long and the low milage on is failing.

had my clutch and DMF replaced over the xmass holiday. after inspecting the cluch plate, it was about half worn. the problem was warn springs making it slip. there was a small amount of play in the DMF so changed that too.
cost £510 for clutch, DMF and oil from coxs
and £220 for fitting.

101 - 120 of 163 Posts