2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all !

I am going to order a Civic Type S, but I'm hesitating between which Alloy Wheel to pick. I will take the original Honda wheels.
My choices are the followings:
1/ Thunder 18'
2/ Sigma 18' (called Delta in 19')
3/ Blade 18'
Does anyone have a picture of the Civic with those wheels ? I see mostly Blade but no Thunder or Sigma (or Delta wheels)...
Most important, does anyone have a picture of Civic year 2009 with the Sigma 18' ?

Many thanks for your help !

·
Registered
243 Posts
Was just searching on Thunder's and this came up, I wonder since this was a while ago has anyone got any Thunders or got any photos they could put up? I've just seen the Honda photo of the wheel.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Not a massive fan of aftermarket stuff. I want my car to look like a Honda not some sort of rally car or something, no offence to people who like all that but it's not for me. I prefer the standard spec stuff.

Plus if I sell my standard wheels when I buy the new ones and don't buy the Honda whole set with tyres (which they really rip you off for) it'll knock the price down. 4 wheels separate came to about £700 then about £300 for tyres. If I got the complete set including tyres from Honda it was almost double if I remember correctly.

2,111 Posts
Hi Ericius,

I'm interested in Delta or Tunder alloys also ;) IMO they're the best lookin' Honda rims (except for 19" rages :cool:) I personally wouldn't go for the blade alloys, because already too much people own these, plus I don't like them that much on the Civ...
Both Delta and Thunders do look great, :D but I prefer the Thunders, because the Delta alloys are also on the Honda Accord already... :)
Some images I've found are posted below ;) (didn't find any forum user with the Thunder alloys, pictures are from the Honda accessories catalog)

Endepende's pictures with Delta alloys (18"): :cool:

Thunder rims from the Honda brochure (18"): :cool:

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Has anyone had anymore information about the price of the thunders? I've pm'd gordons honda but no response in a week.

·
Registered
243 Posts
From Honda the full set (including tyres) is part no 08W78-SMR-600D - £1,727.14

and individual wheels are 08W18-SMR-600D - £162.05 (so 4 = £648.20) I'm pretty sure you could buy the tyres serarately for a lot less than £1000!

2,111 Posts
hey jeremiah,could u please tell me which is the OEM whell offset of your car?
Hi Thodoris, my wheel offset is +55 (like all Civics standard). But the pictures shown above are from Endepende's car btw, not mine. Questions about wheels, sizes,... take a look here: ;) Tyres and Wheels

:edit: Sorry about the late answer btw, it's been a while since I've visited this thread :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts