2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all - I'm borrowing a guy from works 5 door EX model while he's on holiday, its a company car you see and he is leaving in 3 weeks so the car will be going back to the lease company. I've already put my name down for the Honda cool-box he's got in the boot!

Anyway - there are plastic silver surrounds around the front door speakers, are these speakers any different to the standard ones in my Type-S???

I'm thinking about changing the silver surrounds with my black ones but if the speakers are better/upgraded then I'll change those also!

Anything else that might be worth changing over?!?!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hey all - I'm borrowing a guy from works 5 door EX model while he's on holiday, its a company car you see and he is leaving in 3 weeks so the car will be going back to the lease company. I've already put my name down for the Honda cool-box he's got in the boot!

Anyway - there are plastic silver surrounds around the front door speakers, are these speakers any different to the standard ones in my Type-S???

I'm thinking about changing the silver surrounds with my black ones but if the speakers are better/upgraded then I'll change those also!

the amplifier speakers and rings
if you don't it will sound like crap to ;)

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
I would check with him first that they were not part of the supplied spec.

If the lease Company check upon it's return and find them missing you could have a problem. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts

As these item do not belong to you i think that if you 'change them over' it is called theft.

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol, oh no no, its a friend at work! He won't mind, he won't notice that the speakers have been changed anyway!

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
Theyre the same size.
Very cautious advice but they wouldnt look at such a small detail as a speaker ring.
It will go to auction
My advice, reject previous advise
and
Whip em off.
Theyll never know!!

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
there are two options...

upgrade 1 is simply speaker rings - which are plain silver.

upgrade 2 is bassworks kit, which gets new speakers (either co-axial or twin cone or some other type I can't remember), and includes silver speaker rings (4 of in the 5 door).
The front (but not the back) rings have 'bassworks' written on them :)

dunno that they'd be worth nicking though...

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well i've already had a look and the silver surrounds (which i thought look quite good!) are actually just stuck on! Which isn't very good quality wise! I thought they might unscrew or clip off!

And no way am i removing the door panel to get slightly better speakers! lol

Oh well - such is life!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts