2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
IF SHE SMOKES SHE POKES
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whos the type s that i was behind today on city road, through Marsh ( Bonk) Green lol, nice burble from the exhuast private plate ( Lee) ?

·
AKA - Vin Petrol
1,821 Posts
That was me :D! Spotted you as I approached the roundabout and saw your wheels and then noticed it was a Type S.

I was hoping you were on the forum haha.

Nice to see another modified Type S on the roads round ours.

Yours looked good mate, and my exhaust is a Powerflow one from Rye Motors ;)

·
IF SHE SMOKES SHE POKES
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol how do fella, been looking at exhausts but the £700 price tag puts me off, what did Rye motors do it for if you dont mind me asking, were in wigan you from

·
AKA - Vin Petrol
1,821 Posts
From Ashton mate, I go to the DW gym - hence why I was going through there.

Nah, sack those exhaust off mate. £180 from Rye Motors fitted and you get a lifetime warranty as long as u go back once a year to let them check it over.

It's only a backbox, but you can specify how loud/quiet you want it.

So happy with mine it's unreal. Could have a mini-mini meet if you wanted hear it properly?

·
IF SHE SMOKES SHE POKES
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah can do mate love too hear it in all her glory so to speak, will give rye a ring see if they can do a derv version.

·
AKA - Vin Petrol
1,821 Posts
I'd imagine they can do. Worth a phone call at the least.

·
IF SHE SMOKES SHE POKES
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just spoke to the and they can sort me out either back boxes ect or full system eaither way can get a nice low bass burble out of the derv, so im booked in on fri lol

·
AKA - Vin Petrol
1,821 Posts
Haha so you're happy you saw me this morning then?

·
AKA - Vin Petrol
1,821 Posts
Haha you won't b e disappointed mate. I get some lovely barbling and popping up and down the rev range.

·
IF SHE SMOKES SHE POKES
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hope so, their going to whip the back boxes off on fri see what kinda sound comes out then they will be able to give me an idea on the sound i can get and if a full system is needed or just the back bit, £400 for a custm full system or £180 for the rear, hope on the £180 lol

·
AKA - Vin Petrol
1,821 Posts
I just went for the 180 backbox purely because it is a Type S and it's not like I wanted massive gains or mega noise. I just wanted something that'll make you know its got an exhaust on but doesn't sound daft - like a Martelius.

See what you think anyway mate.

·
"Grandad eye"
2,847 Posts
Bet Lee was driving awful.... AWFUL!

·
IF SHE SMOKES SHE POKES
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lol yeah i thought he had been drinking. No he even went over the speed bumps rather then through the middle

·
AKA - Vin Petrol
1,821 Posts
I take that route twice a week and always somehow forget about the bumps.

Such a good driver.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts