2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I somewhat dazed & confused by the miriad options discussed here. Can someone please give me a simple shopping list to solve this question:

I'd like to provide my 07 Civic EX with a 3.5mm Aux Socket (probably mounted in one of the heated seat switch blanks towards the front of the console). So I can plug my IPod and DAB radio in.

Yes, it would be nice to have integrated controls, but until 6 months ago I was using a cassette tape adapter in my old Mondeo, so what I've never had......

So what do I need to buy to achieve the above, and can anyone recommend an installer in the Chester / North Wales area too?

Cheers,

Q.

·
Civic's got Big Booty !
184 Posts
Right at its simplest (if you dont have sat/nav) ...

A Connects2 CTVHOX001 - Aux Adapter for Honda ( I would like someone to confirm this please)

A chasis mount 3.5mm Stereo Socket ( Maplins - FK03D )
a 1/4 inch drill bit (to make hole for socket)
A phono to 3.5mm cable (Maplins - Ster 3.5 - 2xPh 1.5m) - cut the 3.5mm off and solder on the socket, thats the easiest way !

Then someone to take your car apart :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right at its simplest (if you dont have sat/nav) ...
Hi Scott, thanks for the reply. My EX DOES have SatNav (and parking sensors, reversing camera, and "City Pack" side bumpers that keep falling off, but thats another story!) :(

Cheers,

Q.

·
Civic's got Big Booty !
184 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts