2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. First ever post!

I am in Australia with a 2011 Civic SI 1.8L petrol automatic (ODO 3500kms). Our civics come direct from the UK.

Every morning, I reverse out of my driveway (15m approx) at a slow speed, then when on road, change into 1st gear when stopped, then take off gently and I always hear 1 knocking sound about 1-2 seconds after forward momentum.

Anybody had this happen / know a solution?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
Hey mate,don't worry,this little knocking sound appears everytime you pick up some speed(~8-10mph) for the first time after you started the car.Car checks VSA and some other things too so it's absolutely normal.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi there, I live in South Africa and own a Type R championship. Recently I started hearing a click sound every time pulled away especially after the car has been standing for a few hours. Took it to Honda dealer and they showed me a bulletin which points to an Susie caused by the suspension rubbing. They removed the bolts added grease between the suspension plates and now it's no longer heard. Maybe you should check it out with the dealer.

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
I heard it and went to Honda it was a engine mount loose lickly it just needed tightened otherwise £350 ;( also it could be te cv joint. Take it to Honda

·
more torque than the mrs
6,793 Posts
on some of the 1.8's all its down to is the suspension settling i used to get in mine first thing in the morning never did it again untill next morning.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Guys, if it is the subframe it would knock every time when you brake or accelerate hard/fast.
If it's only one knock at first start, then it is normal. Seems to be the vsa. My car does this exactly one knock since it was brandnew.
But never knocks if i drive the hell out of it. so can't be the subframe. :cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.