2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi does anyone know why I'm getting problems making posts from my work PC? Each time I post a message I get an error message telling me the message is too short and to enter more than 1 character!! I seem to be fine with my PC at home. I cant' change in settings at work though because only the systems administrator has authority!! :(

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
This is almost certainly due to your work firewall doing something odd.

I would try...

* Make sure when you login that the "keep me logged in" box is ticked, and
* In UserCP, Edit Options, Misc Options - Use the "basic editor".

·
..with Superchips please!
336 Posts
I had similar (but different!) problems in that I could only use the 'Quick Reply' box at work and not the standard 'Post Reply' button - a quick word with a friendly IT bod and I was put on a new server and Hey Presto! - problem solved.:)

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Interesting to hear of other users problems. Whenever I attempt to open a new thread it causes my SAFARI browser to quit. So I have to use FIREFOX to open the thread and post it. Reverting back to SAFARIfor all other functions is then OK. I run a MAC by the way which like the CIVIC is the ultimate in design and function !!!.
Ramsay

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
I had similar (but different!) problems in that I could only use the 'Quick Reply' box at work and not the standard 'Post Reply' button - a quick word with a friendly IT bod and I was put on a new server and Hey Presto! - problem solved.:)
LOL - I want to work at your place! :D

·
..with Superchips please!
336 Posts
LOL - I want to work at your place! :D
It's a long way from Cardiff every day Boyo!![smilie=cheeky-grin:

....However, the security here still prevents me from accessing any site pertaining to alcohol, which is a bit of a drawback when you're working on a bio-ethanol plant.........!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
Interesting to hear of other users problems. Whenever I attempt to open a new thread it causes my SAFARI browser to quit. So I have to use FIREFOX to open the thread and post it. Reverting back to SAFARIfor all other functions is then OK. I run a MAC by the way which like the CIVIC is the ultimate in design and function !!!.
Ramsay
Ramsay, I'm impressed that anything works with Safari! ;)

Have another try, I've made a tiny change. But I can't test it properly because I don't have a mac.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
No luck Pottsy, when I click New Thread, system goes into 'think mode' and then browser quits. The first threads I posted when I joined the Forum were OK so something has happened since then. I suspect it is in my operating system so don't lose any sleep over it. Thanks for trying anyway.
Ramsay

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Had same problem myself as a brand new user today but advice by Pottsy sorted it out - I reverted to the basic editor and all solved. Pottsy - please ignore my help e-mail on this subject!

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
Too late, just sent a reply. :)

I have disabled the "check for similar threads" thing and all should be normal now for those on ancient (Tat...) or bizarre browsers.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
MACS forever

Too late, just sent a reply. :)

I have disabled the "check for similar threads" thing and all should be normal now for those on ancient (Tat...) or bizarre browsers.
Excuse me Pottsy SAFARI is a wonderful browser so there ! Anyway you have fixed the quitting problem for me now so many thanks to you for your efforts.
Ramsay

1 - 13 of 13 Posts