2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

241 - 260 of 378 Posts

·
regrets his username
7,974 Posts
The main page for me (next to my username) is showing I last visited yesterday evening,
If I'm in a thread like this one it's showing as 06:12 this morning

·
regrets his username
7,974 Posts
It's definitely not me, there's another owner on here that is suffering the same on mobile in classic mode.

What I'm seeing on the main page is the last post on a thread and it could be over 3 days old but when I click on said thread I've actually missed several posts.
Also on the main page it will show me as last signed in days before But I know I've signed in several times since that day, BUT if I enter any thread my last visit and ghost notifications will be up-to-date, go back to main screen and it's back to my issues.

Hard to explain, I've tried taking screenshots but for some reason a screenshot of this site comes out blurry,
So in a nutshell on Mobile in classic the main page is not updating and showing ghost notifications but in a thread everything is how it should be

·
Clutch pedal guru
5,026 Posts
I get ghost notifications on main forum page, but when I go on new English posts page, these disappear as they should because there's NO NEW NOTIFICATIONS.

Classic view on my mobile.

And NO I'm not clearing cache or any other crap like that as last time I did it, it screwed up passwords and options on other sites and didn't fix this problem on here.

·
Administrator
20,951 Posts
I wonder what it is.

I do most of my browsing on an Android tablet, Classic mode, never had that issue.

What I do get from time to time is ghost notifications but they disappear overnight.

They have definately screwed up this site, the support desk keep posting but there are no real fixes in sight. Just bumbling along day by day.

I've said it before, and I stick by my accusation of the vBulletin/Autoguide hybrid merge. It's never been right since that happened.

Look at other Verticalscope sites and there are similar complaints on lots of them.

·
regrets his username
7,974 Posts
Photobucket is knackered so will try this route,
On the main page:
Screenshot_20181210-181247.jpg

In this thread:
Screenshot_20181210-183743.jpg

You can see that my last visit isn't updating on the main page which is probably why threads aren't up to date

·
Administrator
20,951 Posts
Got you now.

I'll watch out for that.
@Civ_Admin the pictures tell it all.

I agree that continually clearing cache and cookies is not the way to go as it removes settings for all the other sites a member visits and is using a sledgehammer to crack a nut.

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
recent discussions on the right side aint working.

9G typeR subforum has a post created 11:36 this morning, i replied 16:22 (just now), and recent discussions doesnt include this post - neither OP or my reply in it's time period.
screenshot as follows:
edit: screenshot NOT as follows... CTRL+V shows the image but when submitting it converts to text and fails due to length.

i guess thats 2 more problems with this site. will it EVER be fixed?!?

screenshot: https://imgur.com/ULSLYHU

·
Administrator
20,951 Posts
I wonder .....

Mine is showing as 15:23 as my last visit. That is fairly accurate but it was on the Tablet. I'm currently on the PC so that 15:23 has to be stored on the server somewhere.

I've just visited a few other sites, come back here, and it's still 15:23.

Test, close the browser and see what happens ................ I'll be back ......

..... nope, still 15:23.

Ah, just updated to 17:23, exactly 2 hours later !

·
Registered
78 Posts
At this moment, Any non Civic chat here please! has the thread Flashing Foglights - sick of them ... showing with "Last post" being mine at 08:33 today, which I'd expect because I did make a post there at that time.

But if you go into the thread, there is no post by me (or anyone else) after post #40 (posted 22nd January 2019, 19:04). My post is listed, but it's not there. I've cleared cache, tried different browser, makes no difference. Must be caused by Brexit LOL

241 - 260 of 378 Posts