2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

301 - 320 of 378 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
I've got Chrome with Privacy Badger, and PB currently says 15 for this page. But, I have noticed that the amount varies e.g. when I looked at this page earlier today, it was "only" 13.

·
Administrator
20,951 Posts
I had a look at the list of trackers yesterday and apart from a couple of Verticalscope ones they are all linked to Google.

Why does this site have a dozen or so Google trackers whilst other sites only have one or two ?

UBlock reported links:

civinfo.com
www.civinfo.com
ajax.googleapis.com
autoforums.com
img.autoforums.com
google-analytics.com
ssl.google-analytics.com
google.com
clients1.google.com
contributor.google.com
cse.google.com
fundingchoices.google.com
www.google.com
googlesyndication.com
tpc.googlesyndication.com
googletagservices.com
www.googletagservices.com
threadloom.com
cdn.threadloom.com
verticalscope.com
static.verticalscope.com

Some duplicates but Privacy Badger:

ajax.googleapis.com
ssl.google-analytics.com
clients1.google.com
contributor.google.com
cse.google.com
fundingchoices.google.com
www.google.com
www.googletagservices.com
static.verticalscope.com
The domains below don't appear to be tracking you:
images.spritmonitor.de
cdn.threadloom.com

The ones in red are being auto blocked by the programs.

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
fwiw i tied it without any browser addons and no real difference so didnt matter for me if i block or not. other than ridding the site of all the excess crap like trackers.

·
Administrator
1,288 Posts
I can't say for sure, but I do know we have a lot more communication then you're average site. Email alerts, on-site notifications, ad communications, Private Messages, linked images, all communicating with our server.

Kevin

·
Clutch pedal guru
5,026 Posts
What you lot been playing with now, site is **** slow now!!! Even typing stuff out on my phone there's a massive lag!

And no it's not a problem on my side...

What a joke this site is now :grin2:

·
regrets his username
7,974 Posts
I'm still getting the same issues I've always had,
Today it randomly changed from classic to enhanced mobile site half way through checking threads,

Chat box has been showing one post only from Krem on the 22/2/19 "I've had few as well, situation normal here"

·
Administrator
17,940 Posts
I agree, the site has been especially slow recently - why? @Civ_Admin

Wasn't the site moved to the Cloud which was supposed to improve the speed?

Had quite a few threads this evening posted in completely the wrong sections, coincidence?

·
Administrator
20,951 Posts
The speed of this site has been considerably slower than all the other forums I visit for longer than I can remember.

For the last few weeks it has been painfully slow but I'm bored with reporting it as nothing is ever done.

From what I can see I can only guess that it may not be the Verticalscope site itself but the links to the plethora of adverts and trackers that are causing the, often, 20 to 30 seconds delay loading pages.

When spotted the support desk will offer appologies and will post they will pass it on to tech, but that seems to be it ......... on an ever growing list.

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
been way slower than normal (which is also slow) for a number of days now.
Finding myself not frequenting the forums or being as active as i used to be in favor of other forums.

noscript, adblockers enabled or disabled makes no difference. these are server/software side problems.

·
Administrator
1,288 Posts
Hello there,

The techs are aware of this.
Once they complete the patch, they will deploy the fix.
I do not have an ETA on this, but once I get an update, we'll give you a heads up here.

Ed

·
Administrator
1,288 Posts
slow as well today?

last week there was a memory boost on the servers that was being tested. Any database issues?
in the next 24 hours, if it's still the same, please let us know.

Lee

·
Administrator
20,951 Posts
It always will be.

Problem after problem after problem after prob ................. has been normal since Autoguide was merged in with the perfectly OK vBulletin that was working without issue for a decade before Verticalscope took over.

The WYSIWYG double spacing bug still hasn't been fixed from years ago. Notifications go haywire from time to time. Speed in the UK is often chronic whilst other forums zip along.

Basically, get used to it - sadly.

·
Super Moderator
3,360 Posts
I have don, but it's boring waiting so long for page loads most of the time.
This is one forum that, apart from the great content, I could easily give a miss.
Shame.

·
Administrator
1,288 Posts
It's still the same.
classic skin or the new skin?
the forum is running smoothly for me whether it's logged in or out. if you load it in incognito mode, does it run different?
there was a server issue around noon, several sites and applications were down (facebook, instagram, whatsapp), our sites should be up now and running normally.

Lee

·
Super Moderator
3,360 Posts
The blue skin.
The slow response was not just yesterday, but a lot of the time.
Like at the moment, it's not too bad, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

·
Administrator
17,940 Posts
@roaringleon, as a new user are you using the default red template to browse Civinfo on your PC, using Internet Explorer? Or via some other means?

Clarification and feedback should help @Civ_Admin figure out the cause of the slowness.

Thanks in advance.

301 - 320 of 378 Posts