321 - 340 of 378 Posts

·
Premium Member
277 Posts

·
Administrator
1,295 Posts
Nope, I take that bit back, it's like being back on a dial up connection
The next time you experience the site being slow, can you try to get us the HAR file from Chrome's dev tools?
This is a link that explains how to do it - https://support.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204410413-Generating-a-HAR-file-for-troubleshooting
The file will be big, so you can PM us and we'll provide you an email to get this sent to.
This will help the techs pinpoint the issue.

Ed

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
The next time you experience the site being slow, can you try to get us the HAR file from Chrome's dev tools?
This is a link that explains how to do it - https://support.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204410413-Generating-a-HAR-file-for-troubleshooting
The file will be big, so you can PM us and we'll provide you an email to get this sent to.
This will help the techs pinpoint the issue.

Ed
Nope.
You guys bought the site to make money from, at no time did I agree to be a beta tester for your constant dicking around.

Dicking around that's taken a stable well populated forum to a deserted waste land that looks like it's being run by students studying for their GCSE's (and I realise I'm doing said students a massive disservice comparing their work to your Tom foolery).

Periscope are the laughing stock of the forum world, no wonder so many bail and run to Facebook.

·
Administrator
1,295 Posts
We aren't asking you to test, but to help us diagnose. We'd do it if we could, but until/unless we are "lucky" enough to be on the site during a slowdown, we can't get this information ourselves. A HAR file is a record of all loading site processes, including how long each take to load and any errors contained within. The information within is only worth it if it's captured by a computer currently experiencing the slowdown. Obviously we are going to capture one ourselves if we get the chance, but we are only asking for help since we haven't been able to so far.

The guide is pretty straightforward, but if you don't want to follow the steps that's ok. We'll keep trying to capture on our end

Kevin

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
As said, nope.
Long story short, stop pissing around with what used to work.

I get that there are dozens of browsers across dozens of os's running on 1000's of machine configurations and that trouble shooting is a timely process, but the responsibility is yours, you're introducing these errors, no one else, test your stuff before releasing it into the wild, every other forum I'm a member of that you haven't bought up and ruined manages it.

Site traffic must be through the floor since you bought out this domain, and it's true of every forum Vertical Scope buys out, normally when you guys turn up accounts go dormant.

And whilst it's very sad that thriving communities die when you do roll in I for 1 will not feel an ounce of guilt for not doing your jobs for you, you're sole purpose is to make money from those established communities, so sorry but you want an honest day's pay you go do an honest day's work for it.

https://theadminzone.com/threads/verticalscope.39544/

·
Super Moderator
3,377 Posts
As said, nope.
Long story short, stop pissing around with what used to work.
But they need to be 'pissing around with it' to get it working like it was before they started 'pissing around with it'.
Regardless of what they have done recently, this is STILL, by far, the slowest site that I frequent.

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
just experiemented with HAR logging on this thread URL.

firefox with noscript and adblock = 1.77sec
untouched chrome - no blockers, or logins = 4.55sec before the favicon loads (seems to be a reasonable test on site performance).

currently not experiencing issues, so these are good figures.
What i did notice in chrome, the adverts are excessive and obtrusive. autoplay videos for a start. also 1/3rd page is adverts (3/4's at this point in time on page17).

·
Enjoying life
8,503 Posts
Site is slow, doesn't update new posts and has dragged on far too long.

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Site failing to load from page 1 to page 2.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
We aren't asking you to test, but to help us diagnose. We'd do it if we could, but until/unless we are "lucky" enough to be on the site during a slowdown, we can't get this information ourselves. A HAR file is a record of all loading site processes, including how long each take to load and any errors contained within. The information within is only worth it if it's captured by a computer currently experiencing the slowdown. Obviously we are going to capture one ourselves if we get the chance, but we are only asking for help since we haven't been able to so far.

The guide is pretty straightforward, but if you don't want to follow the steps that's ok. We'll keep trying to capture on our end

Kevin

.har file attached. firefox 66.0.3 64bit, win10.1809, 40mbit BT Business Fibre line. time is about 18:53 GMT when har file was created.

6sec+ delay for the forum to respond when submitting a plain text post. once forum hamsters woke up, things seemed quick.

a random post in 'recent discussions' over on the right shows 'finished 2.29 s' a few moments later than the HAR log.

I've never had cloudflare interupt my connection.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts

Kevin

another small but noticable delay with general browsing in the attached HAR zip file. 715ms & 993ms 'wait' delay at the start of the page request.
hamsters wake up and things get going but i'm seeing a trend towards initial delays (as has been the main symptom for me of the long standing issues)

Attachments

321 - 340 of 378 Posts