2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would this be possible?

I guess there would be issues with security, i.e. ensuring that the viewer is authenticated somehow & can't see other folk's subscriptions by tinkering with the RSS address...

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Tapatalk sends push notifications to your device and has an extension for Chrome, but the latter is buggy.
I'm on board for an RSS feed as this would mean I don't need constant email notifications!

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Exactly like that, but for my subscribed threads. Unless I'm missing it in the list somewhere?

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
Ah, don't think this is possible. To get to your subscribed threads, you need to log in to the forum (otherwise anyone could see what you have subscribed to). An RSS reader cannot login to forum software. :(

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Thanks Pottsy, worth an ask but thought that might be the case as the Chrome extensions only work when I'm already logged in.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah, don't think this is possible. To get to your subscribed threads, you need to log in to the forum (otherwise anyone could see what you have subscribed to). An RSS reader cannot login to forum software. :(
Ah that's what I feared! Is there any way to create a unique pseudo-random code as part of the RSS URL each forum member? If it's long enough then there will be a one in a million chance of guessing a valid code for another user... :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts