2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, well on Sunday I decided it was finally time to give my FN2 its first "proper" clean of 2011. I originally guessed it would take me a while but I went a bit OTT, it took me six hours! I've never seen it so clean!

Had one minor accident had the driver door open and the wind took it, basically resulted in bending the the door strap bolt, luckily I grabbed the door before it did any damage to the paintwork. Nevermind!

Attachments

·
WARRIOR
2,107 Posts
Looks superb mate, when it rains get pics up of the beading;)

What products did you use

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
Looking good, but now comes the hard part... keeping the bloody thing clean!

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone. Keeping VSA turned off so will be interesting to see how much brake dust appears on the rear alloys this time.

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks superb mate, when it rains get pics up of the beading;)

What products did you use
Autoglym Bodywork Shampoo Conditioner, Autoglym Surface Detailing Clay Bar
(I didnt clay whole car!), Autoglym Rapid Detailer, Autoglym Super Resin Polish, Autoglym High Definition Wax, Rain X, HondaPro alloy wheel cleaner (its brilliant), hot water (LOL), Turtle Wax tyre shine stuff, oh and vanish carpet cleaner on mats and some seats.

My legs are still hurting me!

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
Your legs are hurting? With all that rubbing and waxing on and waxing off I always find it's my arms that give up first, that and the feeling the neighbours are staring at me swearing blind that I am stone cold crazy insane...

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Your legs are hurting? With all that rubbing and waxing on and waxing off I always find it's my arms that give up first, that and the feeling the neighbours are staring at me swearing blind that I am stone cold crazy insane...
Bending down, I spent ages on the rear alloys!

My neighbours ALWAYS say "Want to do mine after!?"

·
Registered
890 Posts
yeah i spent 4hours cleanin mine the other sunday at my work looked amazin drove home and it was filthy again i wanted to cry. cars lookin good though ash defo the best colour IMO

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
great looking motor mate, know what you mean about the cleaning. Just spent 5 hours on mine and arms killing me!! Not gonna drive it just gonna leave it on the drive and admire it, and let the neighbours drool over it;) any tips for getting tar spots off the alloys? one or two on mine and want to get them stopped before they get worse.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I think you missed a spot! Great result but why it took you so long for the rear wheels?

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
Autoglym Bodywork Shampoo Conditioner, Autoglym Surface Detailing Clay Bar
(I didnt clay whole car!), Autoglym Rapid Detailer, Autoglym Super Resin Polish, Autoglym High Definition Wax, Rain X, HondaPro alloy wheel cleaner (its brilliant), hot water (LOL), Turtle Wax tyre shine stuff, oh and vanish carpet cleaner on mats and some seats.

My legs are still hurting me!
Some quite good products there Ash
Did you not consider removing the wheels and cleaning the wheel arches and the back of the Alloys with APC?
Also..Did you not use a Wheel sealer?

·
Big T
1,554 Posts
stunning Ash , gutted for you about the door mate hope you get it sorted.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts