2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone
I've noticed a strong sizzling/hissing noise coming from the engine bay after shutting off the engine, especially noticeable when the engine is hot.
The noise seems to be coming from the timing chain side, below the intake mani. It fades as the engine cools.
There is a small amount of oil residue on the bonnet and back of the headlight which has been flung off the belt and is certainly related, but I have no idea where it's leaking as there are no obvious leaks.
I've recently had the PRB oil pump fitted by a local Honda tuner...
Any ideas?
Thanks

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So it seems there are a few possibilities as to where the leak is coming from...crank seal, vtc valve, small chain case cover, chain case itself, and even the engine mount bracket that mounts onto the chain case.
In my case so far it's definitely not a leaking chain case or vtc valve.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Hi! Is this coming from the left side of the enige bay? I noticed this on mine today aswell, but i scuffed it off as it was coming from the aircon somehow. This was my first time in my new CTR btw, so im not sure what sound is normal or not. Lol

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi! Is this coming from the left side of the enige bay? I noticed this on mine today aswell, but i scuffed it off as it was coming from the aircon somehow. This was my first time in my new CTR btw, so im not sure what sound is normal or not. Lol
No, right side on mine. Seems to be a small leak at the joint of one of the hoses to/from the oil filter

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,420 Posts
All Civics do this if it's the noise I'm thinking of.

AirCon de-pressurising.

It does stop after a while.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't think it's got anything to do with the aircon. It's related to a tiny oil leak on the oil hose above the oil filter

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,420 Posts
In that case ignore me :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts