2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone put in the newer Skunk2 Drop in Cams? (not the older ones which needed uprated valve springs etc).

i want a set of drop in cams but wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts on them and any comparison to the TDI ones? the Spoons and FD2 ones don't appeal to me.

i am not chasing peak power numbers, just looking at keep pushing the torque higher in the mid range.

i have a tegiwa intake , tegiwa exhaust mani , TDI north 3 inch on and flashpro.

thanks

·
Registered
116 Posts
I would also be interested in any reviews. From everything I have seen, the TDi North DIC's are the crème of the crop.

·
Premium Member
2,162 Posts
Im intersted in this too,

Are your OEM cams maxed out yet? In my mind I'm wanting to make sure that no other part is holding me back before adding cams..

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I am still running OEM inlet and throttle body. i need to read through the RBC / RRC / Skunk2 review really but will probably be advised to go for RRC with a J37 throttle body to maximise the new cams.

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
hi, from what i can work out after reading through everything i can find. Someone please correct me if i'm wrong. You only get a worth while gains from a upgraded throttle body if you go forced induction.

·
Premium Member
2,162 Posts
I think the TB is an accessory mod that removes a bottle neck. So should work on either FI or NA.

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
I've bought a set too.

I'll be putting them in on my setup which at the minute is:
Skunk2 intake, FD2 throttle body with P2R throttle body spacer and thermal gaskets, RRC inlet manifold with thermal gasket, FD2 oil pump/balancer shaft delete kit, Tegiwa manifold and Tegiwa cat-back.

I'll update as things progress. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
I think the TB is an accessory mod that removes a bottle neck. So should work on either FI or NA.
Will the standard to still bottleneck with OEM I take mani? ..I was going to go bigger throttle body but as I'm running OEM intake mani thought that would bottle neck

·
Registered
1 Posts
i'm about to install a set i will update after installation and does anyone know if the k20 drop in cams are safe to run 50 degree VTC advance on a k20z3 or are they limited to 40 Degrees like the drag cartels ?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Just when I've given up on finding graphs on these cams, I came across a post on the Civinfo FB page.

This car seems to have the same mods as the only graph in of the car from the the TDi North FB page...

What I find very interesting is the difference in peak power. Almost 10 BHP more.
That puts these cams in the same league as the TDi North DIC's, on peak power, with the TDI cams producing more peak torque.

I would really like to get first hand comments from someone that has these cams fitted wrt daily driveability and power delivery.
Is there any chance someone here knows the owner of the car tuned on Saturday?

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
i'm thinking it must be the exhaust that's holding it back. just got mine ecutek last month with same mods and same results.

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i have similar mods (but with Teg intake and TDI S2 DICs) and only made 249BHP are we seeing the benefits of ecutek over flashpro or are the skunk 2 DICs that good?

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
i dunno the torque curve is still defiantly better with the tdi cams.
its still early days with ecutek and there's been lots of updates for Paul to get his head around.:wink3:

·
Registered
116 Posts
So it seems the S2 DIC's are producing same peak numbers as the TDI cams?

Now just to get feedback on the daily driveabilty of the S2 cams.

It seems the 3' exhaust is a necessity to for further gains uptop

1 - 20 of 25 Posts