2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my hands on one of these beasties for testing.

First impressions.... It's big. Really big!
It's a composite material so very light as well. Going to try and get it tested pretty soon and give some feedback.

·
Go Hard or Go Home!
2,063 Posts
ooooo me likey! :popcorn:

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't know price yet but they are commercially available and have been for some time. First ones went to Australia for testing on RHD FN2's several months ago and didn't hear anything negative.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nom nom...is this a FN2 specific kit or will it require bodging to make it fit? I recall a ember from N.I. had to modify one to fit.
Not sure. Am thinking I might need to cut the bonnet and have it sticking straight up. Special install method for uk residents due to high rainfall. ;)

·
Stuart
580 Posts

That's an fd2 with it fitted but you get the general idea

Sent via NecronomiPhon
Looks good

Prob me being naive, but, If the filter sits way down there, what is the procedure for changing it?

Will the bumper need to be taken off for each change?

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
Looks good

Prob me being naive, but, If the filter sits way down there, what is the procedure for changing it?

Will the bumper need to be taken off for each change?
I would say you need to take the bumper off unless you want to take the whole intake out every time you change filters:(

EDIT: The same with CPL CAI right?

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'd suggest fitting a hydroshield if fogs are removed but have to see exactly where the filter element atually sits

1 - 20 of 67 Posts