2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day gents

I'm searching for a comprehensive DIY for fitting the Skunk 2 CAI in an FN2 chassis. My search has come up fruitless. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Could somebody that has one fitted please assist?

I need to confirm whether the ECU needs to be relocated? From some of the pics posted, it seems not. However, I had a look at on that have been fitted locally, and he's ECU has been relocated. He has a RRC intake fitted, so I'm not sure if this plays a role.

I have asked the vendor that I bought it from for technical assistance, wrt the fitting, but they said they don't have any fitment guide. I also asked another vendor that sells it for assistance, and they confirmed because they did not sell the item to me, they cannot assist.

Could someone please assist?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ECU stays put. Battery is relocated. Only issue with fitting is that you need to alter the casing on the passenger headlight to get it to fit. A pain to do but worth it imo.
Thanks Bud

Would you possibly have any pics of the altering?

·
Batmobiles Rule ✌
6,587 Posts
General view of the CIA with ECU in original position.

Best shot I can get at the rear of the headlight.

The bottom of the headlighthas been cut away then a flat piece of pastic glued in place to seal the unit back up. Unfortunately you can't see any of this in the pic. :(

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
Lets you run whatever size of intake you want, or in your case get rid of that tight piece of the MAF housing, I'd say you are MAP tuned but still using the IAT of the MAF,

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey there staff, I am having the same problem with this CAI, in the photo it looks like you don't have the air filter attached? Is that right or is it underneath the headlight? Any info would help thanks
P. S. Tegiwa sent me this link as they don't have a guide

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Batmobiles Rule ✌
6,587 Posts
The air filter is located in the wheel well arch. You fit all the pipe work (which goes into the well). Then fit the filter to the pipe work with your arch liner peeled back. Pretty sure the wheel came off to aid access. :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sorry, forgot to ask, my tuner is having a few problems with the cams, he has a good rep, he's the main Honda tuner in Sydney (Aus), he has gotten it to 140wkw, with RRC etc, I saw you had 184,was that atw or fly?
Thanks again
Michael

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 35 Posts