2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a look at the clutch fluid - not a pretty sight
Anyone know where the slave cyl nipple is?
I've seen one at the front of the engine slightly on the passenger side, a bit low - but wouldn't want to undo anything without being certain.

Do people ever change clutch fluid? Mine is in an appalling state, level is low too. FHSH my @rse

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
It should be treated like the brake fluid ('cos that's what it is) and changed every 2/3 years at least.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well it is brake fluid, hydroscopic and all.
I am disappointed by the thoroughness of Honda servicing, it is pretty damn poor.
Somehow I think they just change oil (filter if you're lucky) and airfilter, then call it a day. Pollen filter if you push them.
Nothing that involves actual work: coolant, brake and clutch fluids, gearbox oil, valve clearance checks - who knows what else they're skimping on.
But then again when parts fall apart from lack of maintenance they are bound to make more money selling you new parts and fitting. Conflict of interest.

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
The Honda 1 service is just an oil change and all round vehicle healthcheck.
The Honda 2 service is the No 1 plus changing air filter, pollen filter & brake fluid 3+ Years Old Car Service Plans | Aftersales Care | Honda UK .
That's it!

Everything else is an extra charge that either you ask to be done at the service or they point out in the healthcheck that it needs doing Approved Car Parts | Fixed Price Repairs | Honda UK

Even the local garage we use for the 1.8 Si does the same, just charges a lot less.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Healthcheck - I like that. They don't even bother to look at the state of the clutch fluid. But hey...more parts/labour sales for them in the long run

I may sound like a wingeing Mildrew, but haven't ever been to a dealer for service, so I wouldn't know these basic facts. I just though FHSH was worth having, I can now see that it is just better than nothing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts