2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 290 Posts

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I bought my second FN2 type R few weeks ago. First one had to go due to new job:

New one is only a weekend car with 4-5 track days a year.
I'm a 3rd owner. Last one owned for 7 years. Car has partial service history, but I wasn't too bothered about it as I do most of work on cars myself anyway.
When I picked it up from seller:

Car came on Rages, front and rear GP pack.
Wheels had to go asap as 19s on track are a no go.
I picked up 5 lovely Pro race 1.2 with RSRs from a forum member:

Next, I ordered a large service kit from Cox, plus some rbf600 and hel lines.

Had also some grinding noise coming from the pulley area, so replaced the PCV and it is now quiet.

Next replaced the air filter as the one on car was shocking!

Gave the engine a quick clean while replacing the filter.

Restored the door sills.
Went from this:

To this 20 minutes later

When I bought the car it almost had no brakes. Anything over 60mph and I could barely stop.
Pretty much couple of days after I got it, I ordered the ksystem kit.
Fitted it yesterday and today together with painting rears and replacing discs and pads.

Unfortunately didn't fit the braided brake lines. Started from drivers side brake and after spraying with penetrant, noticed that the brake line nut is completely rounded off :frown2:
No point doing the other ones if I can't replace all. Will probably have to get a new steel line for that side and hope for the best on others.

Before it got dark I managed to replace spark plugs as well. Again, not a great shape of the removed ones.

And this is as it stands today.
Didn't drive it with the brakes yet. Want to have the paint on rears dry properly before I muck them with dust from ds2500.
Tomorrow changing oil with filter, pollen filter. Maybe also gearbox oil if it doesn't rain.

My plans for the car are quite simple.
This year I want to sort out suspension, fit lsd and better clutch/flywheel, sump baffle & exhaust, and really enjoy the car :grin2:
Supercharge next year when(if) I save up.
Progress will be quite slow over the next 3-4 months. Probably some parts here and there will pop in :frown2:

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I hope they are a good upgrade. Just a shame I can't fit the braided lines.
WHen I had a look at where the steel brake line goes, it will be a proper pain to replace :serious:

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,279 Posts
Lovely :)

If you're interested in a Tegiwa intake I'm considering putting it on here when I stop being lazy.

Where did you get the brakes from as they look the part, was it the fella off CTRO?
If you do any trackdays round Oulton / Anglsey upwards give me a PM mate :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lovely :)

If you're interested in a Tegiwa intake I'm considering putting it on here when I stop being lazy.

Where did you get the brakes from as they look the part, was it the fella off CTRO?
If you do any trackdays round Oulton / Anglsey upwards give me a PM mate :thumbsup:
Hi, yes from CTRO. Same kit as nub had.
I won't be buying any performance parts for the car other than exhaust and flashpro as I want to charge it.
Definitely want to do Oulton this year. I live 10 mins away from Mallory but tend to go to Cadwell as it is an awesome track.
We should do a track day to have few fn2's at once. I'm sure more people track their cars?
Normally Javelin trackdays are cheap enough.

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,279 Posts
Oulton's my local but also nearly twice the price than most other tracks, there were a few fellas I was hoping to do a day with sometime but two sold up and two are getting married this year iirc ;)

I have Oulton, Croft and Anglesey in mind for a minimum this year.

That Brembo kit was nearly purchased if a member hadn't kindly showed me his Stoptech kit when I went to pick my RRC cover up off him lol

Reactions: slepy

·
Registered
577 Posts
Lovely car mate and like what you have done with it. You keeping the rages?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
577 Posts
Ah! If you don't mind me asking, how much? Want to get a set

·
Registered
577 Posts
Bargain for someone! How much was your brake kit? Was/am looking at getting hel lines, can they not be installed on all cars then?

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Brake kit was 750+ lines. Lines can be installed no problem, but my steel line is rounded off so can't take the old rubber line off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
577 Posts
Brake kit was 750+ lines. Lines can be installed no problem, but my steel line is rounded off so can't take the old rubber line off.

Okay mate. What's the alternative if i face the same issues installing mine? Thanks

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would spray penetrant few times on all of them before trying to undo. Also, if they don't come off with flared spanner, use heat

·
Registered
577 Posts
Thank you mate. Will look at getting this done come the summer.

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Changed the oil and pollen filter today. Also got new number plates because the ones on car had top layer peeling off.

Went for a drive to bed the brakes in. Feel pretty good already but didn't want to hammer them yet.

Note to myself - 595RSR are really rubbish in wet. Almost drove straight through roundabout My ns2r were much better.

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Slepy's Milano "Kamikaze" FN2

Jobs for tomorrow:
- Fit these

- fit led number plate and side lights
- Try to fix the damn subframe click as it drives me mad
- check calliper alignment as it seems one touches disc on heavy braking.

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Slepy's Milano "Kamikaze" FN2

To be honest I didn't realise it had city pack until I got home after buying it

1 - 20 of 290 Posts