2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, 3 months and 7,000 miles done - time to give some thoughts.

The Good.
  • Smooth and quiet to drive. Very little road noise.
  • Love the dash layout.
  • Like the iMid and various screens and settings that can be brought up.
  • Absolutely love the premium audio/sat nav - not because of the audio quality (if it make a noise its fine by me) but so simple to use.
  • Sat Nav instructions are clear, voice is pleasant and brilliant that instructions are also on the iMid
  • Like the voice controls that i use a lot and understands my accent!.
  • Magic seats a brilliant.
  • flat load bay with the seats folded down.
  • can store stuff out of sight below the magic seats.
  • MPG is good - I never believe the marketing claims so not disappoint that i am not getting silly mpg but 60+ over the journeys I make is good and is 13% better than the last (similar type) car I had.
    • Heated seats!
    • Climate control works well - set when got the car and never touched since.
    • Reversing camera and parking sensors make it very easy to park.
    • Like the Urban Titanium colour - doesnt show the dirt
The Bad - mostly just niggles rather than down right bad
  • Cant directly copy MP3's to the hard disk of the audio system.
  • No riser control on passenger seat.
  • I find pedal space a bit narrow - can't drive with my wellies on!
  • Car is just a wee bit too low.
  • Rear camera could do with a cleaning device (Minor point I know but I used to always reverse into parking spaces and now find myself going head first in and cleaning the camera very time I get out the car).
  • Slightly lacking is storage hidey holes.
Warranty work.
MAFF sensor replaced.

·
Super Moderator
20,985 Posts
You raise a good point about the rear camera, badly positioned and any rain and it gets blocked with the muck chucked up the back = useless.

I do the same when I get out and wipe my finger over the lens.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A high pressure "scoosher" jet would do the job just grand!

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Yeah, a great solution until its covered with ice and firmly frozen, of course thats just a problem here in the cold north! Otherwise great!

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts
OK, 3 months and 7,000 miles done - time to give some thoughts.

The Good.
  • Smooth and quiet to drive. Very little road noise.
  • Love the dash layout.
  • Like the iMid and various screens and settings that can be brought up.
  • Absolutely love the premium audio/sat nav - not because of the audio quality (if it make a noise its fine by me) but so simple to use.
  • Sat Nav instructions are clear, voice is pleasant and brilliant that instructions are also on the iMid
  • Like the voice controls that i use a lot and understands my accent!.
  • Magic seats a brilliant.
  • flat load bay with the seats folded down.
  • can store stuff out of sight below the magic seats.
  • MPG is good - I never believe the marketing claims so not disappoint that i am not getting silly mpg but 60+ over the journeys I make is good and is 13% better than the last (similar type) car I had.
    • Heated seats!
    • Climate control works well - set when got the car and never touched since.
    • Reversing camera and parking sensors make it very easy to park.
    • Like the Urban Titanium colour - doesnt show the dirt
The Bad - mostly just niggles rather than down right bad
  • Cant directly copy MP3's to the hard disk of the audio system.
  • No riser control on passenger seat.
  • I find pedal space a bit narrow - can't drive with my wellies on!
  • Car is just a wee bit too low.
  • Rear camera could do with a cleaning device (Minor point I know but I used to always reverse into parking spaces and now find myself going head first in and cleaning the camera very time I get out the car).
  • Slightly lacking is storage hidey holes.
Warranty work.
MAFF sensor replaced.
Spot on, had mine about the same time, slightly less miles, other niggle is the lack of front cabin lights when entering vehicle, just having 1 light come in is weird.
I find the seats can get too hot, have you also noticed they don't heat up unless someone sits on them, so you cant "pre-heat" on a cold day.
I get just over 60 mpg typically, but have averaged just over 70 on a long motorway run.
Door bins are plasticky and feel brittle as does some of the other trim, almost snapped the piece by the drivers left foot when fitting footwell lights

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah, noticed the seat thing too when I turned them on one morning while the car was defrosting.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its not just about heating the seat but great for heating you body when you are chilled to the bones! I often have mine on the low setting for ages after I have been working outside.

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
have you also noticed they don't heat up unless someone sits on them, so you cant "pre-heat" on a cold day.
Never knew this lol.

Does'nt the EX have the front map lights then? I thought it weird that some base models did not have anyway, most modern cars have this.

Cabin plastics are not that bad.... vast improvement on the 8g

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
Heated seats are great, still we haven't had much a cold winter nto utlilise to the full. .not that I want that! Go ahead and feel smug about the urban titanium. ...my deep ocean blue shows up everything....trying not to be boring after silver white black silver hasn't worked out...silver/grey/titanium next time!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
20,985 Posts
Yes it's not looking too bad even though it's not been washed for the last 6 weeks or so. I've got black wheels now though.

I actually think I'll probably go Polished Metal next time.

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
The aero alloys in particular seem to "wear" dirt well, found the alloys on my gen8 ES akward to clean.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Does'nt the EX have the front map lights then? I thought it weird that some base models did not have anyway, most modern cars have this.
Mine have them, but it took me a little while to realise you have to poke the light itself it turn it on! Spent ages looking for a non-existent switch...

They don't come on when the doors open though. Just the one in the middle of the car, above the rear seats. It doesn't really light the front of the car up much.

EDIT= also the passenger sun-visor has a little light in the mirror cover when you flip that open. My wife uses that to read maps in the dark.

·
Registered
21 Posts
A good list, I agree with this. Also I find the auto lights work well. I note you are on your second MAFF, how did you become aware that it needed replacing?
bw

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Engine management light came on. Took dealer 2 goes to diagnose the fault.

·
Registered
469 Posts
"I find the seats can get too hot, have you also noticed they don't heat up unless someone sits on them, so you cant "pre-heat" on a cold day."

That's not true for my car. seats are heating up even when nobody is seating on it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts