2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive noticed a slight crunch if im going from 1st to second gear (VERY quickly) under VTEC.

I know one user on here is going to tell me to use amsoil which will be done its just i want to make sure this 3rd gear problem has gone away 100% before i do it.

Again i trust the 2nd gear thing is normal... just another niggle lol. Honda technician told me its normal and just need to slow the change down a little bit!

cheers
Christian

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
I get this, make sure you clutch fully first then, slow down your changes. Otherwise good work :D FULL VTEC DEPLOYMENT SHORTLY

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Sounds like a dodgy synchronizer or a faulty 1-2 shift sleeve.

Same problem as the common fault on our cars for the third gear synchro.
Or your not using the clutch properly.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm defo going to try some amsoil synchromesh once I'm sure my third gear
Has bedded in ok

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
There's adjustment in the pedal box area for clutch engagement, If your having issues at very high rpm you might get the desired result from adjusting it. :)

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There's adjustment in the pedal box area for clutch engagement, If your having issues at very high rpm you might get the desired result from adjusting it. :)
Sounds interesting I'm not sure a follow. The bite is very close to the floor

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
It's more to do with seperation distances of the clutch plate.

In the pedal box there is a rod that links between the pedal and the clutch master cylinder, If you loosen the back nut and rotate the rod you can get more disengagement, of course retightened the afformentioned nut when done, theres only a small amount of adjustment but it works :)

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
It's straight through the blue thing in your images, if you go to the side of it and look through you will see the rod passing through the bulkhead

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
yessums :)

I watched Honda do mine, I got a new clutch, flywheel and box rebuild after my 3rd went nuclear and took the box out :)

I told them high rpm shifting was never right before and before they signed the car over they brought me down and let me drive it and they done a few adjustments- trial and error. it happily slips any gear now on the limiter :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts