2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Do any of you find there is a split second of hesitation when you press the fun pedal!? I find that unless the revs are up high, whenever I press the accelerator, there is a slight hesitation. It just takes a split second for the power to kick in. This only really happen when I have taken my foot off the accelerator. Is anybody elses car the same?

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
I always blamed the intake setup. It's taking air from the wing then down into the resonator box and then upto the air box.

I have put a scoop in behind the front bumper that goes straight to the air box and I don't have any problems now

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Mine was pretty bad for this , with the HKS RSK fitted. I have switched to using 99ron super unleaded and it's smoothed it out loads.
Worth a try for a couple of tankfulls just to see if it helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
using super unleaded and a better panel filter will help slightly....hks panel filter is only £35, worth a try.
Iv always used super unleaded so maybe another reason why I haven't really noticed it.

Your saying a better panel filter yet you mention an hks which is not a better filter. It has been tested and the oem filter is actually a very good filter and very few on the market are better. That's why I stuck to oem

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts
I always blamed the intake setup. It's taking air from the wing then down into the resonator box and then upto the air box.

I have put a scoop in behind the front bumper that goes straight to the air box and I don't have any problems now
I found this to be the same for me too Ross.

Because the air can take a more direct route into your airbox, instead of the daft setup Honda came up with, you can now get the power that little bit earlier with no hesitation.

I used 99RON before I did this mod and there was still some hesitation. Once you do this mod and get a flashpro and custom map you'll be laughing mate ;)

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
I found this to be the same for me too Ross.

Because the air can take a more direct route into your airbox, instead of the daft setup Honda came up with, you can now get the power that little bit earlier with no hesitation.

I used 99RON before I did this mod and there was still some hesitation. Once you do this mod and get a flashpro and custom map you'll be laughing mate ;)
Have you got a custom map with yours?

Did everything run safely before you got the map?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Iv always used super unleaded so maybe another reason why I haven't really noticed it.

Your saying a better panel filter yet you mention an hks which is not a better filter. It has been tested and the oem filter is actually a very good filter and very few on the market are better. That's why I stuck to oem

depends in which way you mean "better"...the hks one gives better throttle response as it breathes a bit better than oem...you just have to be careful with hks filters as they need changing regularly.

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
depends in which way you mean "better"...the hks one gives better throttle response as it breathes a bit better than oem...you just have to be careful with hks filters as they need changing regularly.
Fair enough. The oem is a good filter though so there is really no need to change. I also believe there is a placebo effect with a panel filter as many members commented on filters making a difference and then it was proved the oem filter was better

·
Premium Member
2,515 Posts
I ran a K&N with Flashpro map only for a while before I had tegi airbox fitted. I took out the panel to sell it and put back the OEM one. It made the car feel a little sluggish and sounded a bit weak in vetch.

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Fair enough. The oem is a good filter though so there is really no need to change. I also believe there is a placebo effect with a panel filter as many members commented on filters making a difference and then it was proved the oem filter was better

I've always thought the same about 'Super' varients of fuel too, never really been able to tell the difference.

Didn't stop me buying a K&N Panel for the ST though :facepalm:

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
I ran a K&N with Flashpro map only for a while before I had tegi airbox fitted. I took out the panel to sell it and put back the OEM one. It made the car feel a little sluggish and sounded a bit weak in vetch.
I think K&N are one of the few that are a better filter.

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
I've always thought the same about 'Super' varients of fuel too, never really been able to tell the difference.

Didn't stop me buying a K&N Panel for the ST though :facepalm:
Super unleaded for me does make the car run smoother. On a standard car I don't think it gives any gains but I have noticed that it is definitely smoother especially when cold

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Super unleaded for me does make the car run smoother. On a standard car I don't think it gives any gains but I have noticed that it is definitely smoother especially when cold
+1

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Dont see how octane rating will have any affect on this.

Not the old hesitation from the DBW throttle by any chance?

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Dont see how octane rating will have any affect on this.

Not the old hesitation from the DBW throttle by any chance?
it could be partly to blame but i noticed a definite improvement switching to 99ron.
i might fill up with a couple of tanks of 95 to see if it returns and it wasn't just coincidence.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts