2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if it's anything to do with the revs when I change gear but sometimes on my 2.2 EX (picked it up last Thursday - love it) when I go from 2nd to 3rd it feels like the steering snatches a little to the left or right and there's a momentary lurching sensation.

Anyone else have this?

·
Registered
192 Posts
I get that exact same problem with the left/right pull when braking but mine is at motorway speeds. it was so bad the other day it felt like it was trying to pull me into the barrier and the back went all light and twitchy.

I know its a heavy car on the front but i have driven many other cars and never had the same problem except in a old landrover lol.

Do you find the car sometimes can shift about when trying to keep it in a straight line almost similar to how the car feels when there is a gust of wind? Im not too sure on mine but i think something is a croppa.

I'm going down to the dealership on Tuesday to get them to have a look so will let you know what the mechanics think

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you find the car sometimes can shift about when trying to keep it in a straight line almost similar to how the car feels when there is a gust of wind? Im not too sure on mine but i think something is a croppa.
That's exactly how it feels, crazyfool. Hmmmm, I'm wondering if I should give the dealer a call.

This is it, beautiful car but I must say I'm a little worried.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Mine is the same, like a gust of wind, but I have come to accept it as normal. I think the tyres are too wide.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Glad to hear im not the only person but wish it wasn't the case!

Just took my car to a local tyre garage and had them look at it with lazer wheel alignment. They found the car to be slightly out on the front driver's side wheel and have subsequently corrected it!

Ironically, the car less than a week ago was in at the dealers for wheel alignment.

The car now feels a hundred times better than what it was but there is still a little issue with the braking so i'm going to have it checked out by honda tomorrow as i'm sure the service department wont be open today.

But i'd say head down to your local tyre place and have a lazer wheel alignment check and you never know it maybe something as simple as that. Some garages won't charge either if it doesn't need adjustment :eek:. But i'd still like to know what others have found if they take it to the dealership!

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
But i'd say head down to your local tyre place and have a lazer wheel alignment check and you never know it maybe something as simple as that. Some garages won't charge either if it doesn't need adjustment :eek:. But i'd still like to know what others have found if they take it to the dealership!
I'd also try the laser wheel alignment ;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, tried the laser alignment - all okay there. I must say now that I've had the car a couple of weeks I've grown used to it. The steering is fine on the motorway at speed and I scarcely notice the slight pull sometimes when I'm on a B road doing 40mph.

I do love this car!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Well, tried the laser alignment - all okay there. I must say now that I've had the car a couple of weeks I've grown used to it. The steering is fine on the motorway at speed and I scarcely notice the slight pull sometimes when I'm on a B road doing 40mph.

I do love this car!
Glad to see your enjoying your car nick! I've found that the steering seems to be less of a problem now like you im just getting used to it ;). I was told by the honda mechanic that these cars do tramline quite badly especially with the 17" alloys as they are camber sensitive. The condition and choice of tyres on the front can also have a massive effect on this aswell.

Good to hear all going well tho! :p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts