2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone else hear this? Starts mid 60s and would continue up to 80 (I would imagine). Not overly loud and has always been there. Pretty sure I heard it in demonstrator too. The sound appears to come from far left side of engine bay. Easy to hear when cruising on motorway.

If you could let me know if mine is whining unnecessarily, or maybe it's just me that's whining.

·
regrets his username
7,982 Posts
I've heard it, I had awful rd noise last wk at speed, I think it's just the way the car & engine is, some days I hear nothing some days I hear something new.
I learnt from my Fn2 days to ignore sounds that are natural, the times I panicked & booked the car in, the noises could be there all the time & not noticed.
If it's running fine & no warnings I wouldn't fret

·
Premium Member
6,719 Posts
It's normal, well I assume as mine does it. I've put it down to transmission whine.

·
regrets his username
7,982 Posts
There's a few odd noises, the faint beep when you switch off is one you always hear once noticed, I had a glug glug yesterday after switching off, the heating system on auto is quite rough sounding as well

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry to unearth that thread, I have EXACTLY the same issue with my 2016 Type R... have you managed to get to the bottom of the issue (I know that some have written that it´s normal, but maybe something happened during the last two years?)

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
Whilst we're on the topic of strange noises, not a type R, but has anyone noticed the squelch squelch / pumping noise that (I imagine) comes from the ABS pump when the key is moved to position 2?

Not a concern, as I've not had any issues, just an odd thing.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Mine the same with the whine. Been like this since new. There's another thread some were on it. Apparently it's a feature of the car lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for your replies, will have the dealer look at it on Tuesday. Let us see what Honda Germany does with it. I bet it is the gearbox bearings...

·
Registered
4 Posts
My honda dealer found a small oil leak at the gearbox. It will be taken out mid of June and then we will see what the bearings look like

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
My honda dealer found a small oil leak at the gearbox. It will be taken out mid of June and then we will see what the bearings look like
love this site, my new to me 2015 FK2 R does make a whine noise to, seems to be coming from the front I put it down to tyres, but since I have just put new ps4s on I ruled that out. and I still hear the noise

·
Premium Member
6,719 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts