2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

Today I noticed the wife's car has a slipping 3th and 4th gear. Especially the 3th is in a bad condition.
What am I looking at? We can replace a lot of parts by ourselves, what parts do we need?

Thanks already

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
what do you class as slipping
is it clutch slip
car slips on the road or more serious the gears are slipping as in missing teeth

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what do you class as slipping
is it clutch slip
car slips on the road or more serious the gears are slipping as in missing teeth
When I'm in 1st and 2nd, it feels like there's something wrong, but it's more or less ok. When I shift to 3th and want to accelerate the car barely accelerates but the engine goes all the way to the red line. 4th has the same issue, but the car accelerates more then in 3th. 5th and 6th are fine (for now).

When I tested this behavious a few times over about 8 kilometers, I parked my car in the garage and the smell of burnt clutch was present.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Sounds like either your clutch has failed or the self adjuster has stopped working. You could try working the clutch pedal a lot (with the car stationary) and see if the self adjuster catches up.

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just had a new test today. The clutch slips in every gear. 1st seems to be pretty fine, the rest is ****ed up. I'm in the process of looking the new pressure group.

Any idea what type of oil I need and what quantity?

·
Registered
414 Posts
If you're talking about the clutch fluid then I don't think that will solve your problem. Hydraulic pressure is used to disengage the clutch but the pressure plate is what keeps it engaged.

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you're talking about the clutch fluid then I don't think that will solve your problem. Hydraulic pressure is used to disengage the clutch but the pressure plate is what keeps it engaged.
I'll have to drain the oil to replace the pressure plates and such. When I reassemble the clutch, I'll have to put new oil in. What do I need?

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pressure group was replaced this weekend. I got all the necessary parts with www.supertune.eu. Very friendly shop owner and quick delivery.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts