2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Get Your Cray On
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
I have noticed lately that my car is juddering when moving off in first gear, this problem seems to be non existant when the car is cold and freshly started, however after about 40 mins to an hour of driving the problem starts.
The problem is ranging from a slight judder to large vibrations of the entire car. I also notice that this happens more when there are more people in the car.

I have put this problem down to a slipping clutch (if anyone else has any ideas then i am more than happy to hear them).

My question then is, would this be a warranty issue? my car is an 07 plate 1.8 Type S still under warranty with only 9,700 miles on the clock (i would never expect clutch problems at this mileage)

I certainly dont want to pay a diagnostic charge just to find out that it will not be covered with warranty lol.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hi there,
I have noticed lately that my car is juddering when moving off in first gear, this problem seems to be non existant when the car is cold and freshly started, however after about 40 mins to an hour of driving the problem starts.
The problem is ranging from a slight judder to large vibrations of the entire car. I also notice that this happens more when there are more people in the car.

I have put this problem down to a slipping clutch (if anyone else has any ideas then i am more than happy to hear them).

My question then is, would this be a warranty issue? my car is an 07 plate 1.8 Type S still under warranty with only 9,700 miles on the clock (i would never expect clutch problems at this mileage)

I certainly dont want to pay a diagnostic charge just to find out that it will not be covered with warranty lol.
If you still have warranty, best bet is to check with your local dealer. They will tell you if they will diagnose under warranty or not.

There's been several occurances of faulty fitted clutch pedals that have caused early wear of the clutch on here and they managed (in the majority) to get a replacement under warranty.

·
Registered
5 Posts
They told me that this is probably because of a very cold weather here in Poland now - minus 22 degrees. But it sounds like a some kind of ******** for me :)
However they probably did some regulations - my clutch is now softer, it bites earlier and the vibrations during moving from the first gear are only sometimes and much lower than before.
They also told me to come back if there still will be issue during hotter weather.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts