2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ‘10 Civic ES takes a long time to load the next track when playing files from a USB stick (~10 seconds). I have tried all the disk format types (FAT, FAT32 etc), multiple USB sticks and with/without the files in sub folders. Does anyone else have this problem? It could be that all of my USB drives are poor quality, however the write speeds from a computer are >10MB/s which is much higher than any music bit rate.

·
Super Moderator
3,373 Posts
Don't know what the problem might be but it certainly should not take that long.

How big a stick are you using?
Most stereos will have a limit to the size they can handle. Maybe you just have too much on there and if using Random search it can't cope.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm using a range from 1 GB to 8 GB, and have tried with 10 - 100 tracks on all variations, with random and standard playback. I'm going to try and source another stick to try, but didn't want to run out and buy one if this is a common issue. Cheers.

·
Super Moderator
3,373 Posts
I have about 1,000 tracks on my stick and the unit has no problem moving between tracks on Random.
Take a second or so to move to next track.
All tracks are MP3 in a single folder with no sub-folders.

These were mostly ripped from CDs using windows media player rip function and some using a program called Freemake Audio Converter.

BTW a good idea to put your location, town at least, on your profile since there may be someone local who could help you test out the issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts