2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeking some advice guys,

I am really annoyed with myself having taken a corner too tight, and skimmed an 'extremely' large, one off of a kerb!!! D'OH :facepalm:

As a result, I have managed to scratch the plastic trim, and put a small dent and scratch in the paintwork (maybe a couple of inches long and very thin, dent maybe size of a 10p).

To make things worse, I spoke to the chips away/Dint Devil guys and they say it couldn't be in a worse place and they can't get into it to fix it!!

Re. the trim it has given me the kick up the hoop I needed to get around to buying some of that plasticare stuff and I hope that by covering the trim in this, it will hide to a certain extent any inperfections on the trim....

Regarding the scratch/dent, you wouldn't really notice it to the naked eye unless you were looking for it, but I know it is there and every time I get in the car I can see it and it really annoys me.....

I have spoken to maybe 6 or so different garages, and had quotes from £70 up to £160....(it just shows it pays to ask for a few quotes).... I was going to go with the £70 guy, but to make things worse all bar one guy (who was going to charge £98) says that I would loose my Type S side decal, and as we know these come in a set and for the originals are £50...thus making a £70 bill £120....

I could ramble on further with how annoyed I am, but just seekign a bit of advise as to what you guys would do??

Whether anyone has had a similar issue??? and how they resolved it??

Whether anyone can recommend anyone in the north east who I may want to try??

Whether anyone has 1 official Type S Decal that they would like to sell???

Cheers in advance for any advice.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I have a few scratches on my bumper too, after hitting a hooded cyclist. I T-cut most of it out but the plastic trim is still a little scratched. The reason why I haven't replaced it is that I'm worried about the colour match. Its not too noticable unless you really look for it.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looks a pretty good job you've done t-cutting it out CCC mate.

The smallest amount of paint has came off my body work, which I think should be able to be touched up neatly enough as it's not too much, but it's the dint I'm more concerned about!!

It must be catching as I see another thread just started, is discussing someone who has a dint around the wheels arch....

Any further advice on best fixes folks??

·
more torque than the mrs
6,638 Posts
had three little dents taken out of my wifes car last week as agreed before she purchased the vehicle the dents were on the crease line on the wheel arch the dent man couldn't get to them so there body shop had to do repair but when she got back from the body shop i wasn't to impressed orange peel and a different shade when the sun shines on the car i even spoke to the repairer and told him please get it right as i have had bad look with colour matching and shody repairs in the past his answer i have 30 years experience,they have offered to do it again at the end of the month,sometimes its best to live with a few imperfections or pay a bit more for a quality job as for the decals they will have to be removed as the panel will need clear coating after the repair but ebay do copies for £4 .

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers for the advice mate... I am slightly concerned about the colour not matching, in 2 minds about what to do now; 1. Touch up and live with the dent, or 2. Risk a repair man and keep my fingers crossed he matches the colour correctly...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts