2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I don't know the name of the piece but can anyone provide a part number or the official name for the small piece of trim/fin attached to the rear quarter panels (below rear light cluster, one side is to the right of petrol flap)?

They are about 20cm long and small angular colour coded plastic trims - I think for aerodynamics.

One has partly come unstuck - previous owner perhaps power washed the edge too keenly.

Can they be purchased? Singly or in pairs? Are they pre-painted?

Many thanks! :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They're on my facelift 1.4 - I think they're on all facelifts?

They have a small aerodynamic improvement, perhaps why they were seen on economy focused diseels.

Yeah I think they are on all facelift models. Just appear to be self-adhesive (3M backed?) plastic strips, pre-painted.

[smilie=thumbup.gif]

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
yes they have a very very small aerodynamic purpose, if memory serves me right my dealer said it saves 0.0025co2:serious:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Absolutely right, they added it when they releases 1.6i-DTEC in 2013. It was only on the diesel until the released the face-lift. It is claimed to save one gram of carbon for every kilometer. 10,000 Km = small bag of coal
This was Honda's push for a claimed CO2 emissions of 94g/km and average fuel economy of 78.5mpg.
In Ireland the annual road tax on the 1.6i-DTEC (118bhp) is €180. The 1.4 (98bhp)petrol is €270.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts