2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I have a Civic EX with sat nav which i love but it has a few niggles any idea on how to sort these or is it completely knackered

1. No voice when sat nav is working get me to my destination etc but no turn by turn voice and volume is turned right up.

2. The Audio button doesn't do anything so can change bass, treble etc or I'm doing something wrong lol

3. The display next to the sat nav has the wrong time and i can't seem to get it correct even though the sat nav time is correct.

4. Can you play music from an iPhone using bluetooth through the car speakers, I have connected to the HFT for phone calls.

Any help would be very grateful not a deal breaker cos i love it but would be good to have these work.

·
Administrator
21,244 Posts
One at a time.

The SatNav volume is controlled from within the menu system and not via the front volume control.

I can't remember how the 8G system works now to give any detail.

Hopefully someone else will.

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
2) After you press the audio button there should be a music note on the display and a direction arrow. Push the joystick in that direction and then you can adjust the bass/treble/balance/fader.
3) Not sure
4) No, not using the factory fit Bluetooth.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The sat nav is fully turned up and still no voice :frown2:
Nothing happens when i press the audio button so must be faulty :frown2:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Do you have an aftermarket aux box, because they might not have used the y cable for the install that the sat nav unit needs. After fitting the cable in mine everything was sorted.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you have an aftermarket aux box, because they might not have used the y cable for the install that the sat nav unit needs. After fitting the cable in mine everything was sorted.
No idea about the after market AUX box to be fair. what sort of cable should I look at ?
In the little drawer there is a 30pin iPhone cable not sure if it works as I have the lighting connector so I have bought a adaptor to see if this works to connect my phone for music.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got the 30pin adaptor but it doesn't play the music just charges my iPhone :crying:

Also why does the sat nav dim almost dark when the lights come on?

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Make sure you use a genuine 30pin to lightning adaptor, not some aftermarket one. Only the Apple ones can provide line level audio output as they have an authentication chip in them, the aftermarket ones only charge.

As for brightness, push the brightness button on the radio and then turn the dial left or right to change the brightness setting.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Make sure you use a genuine 30pin to lightning adaptor, not some aftermarket one. Only the Apple ones can provide line level audio output as they have an authentication chip in them, the aftermarket ones only charge.

As for brightness, push the brightness button on the radio and then turn the dial left or right to change the brightness setting.

Aghh its probably not a genuine as I got it from Flea Bay :wink3:
The brightness is all the way up but as soon as the lights switch on its very dim and can hardly see it ??
Is there a way to reset the Sat Nav for factory defaults to see if that works

Thanks for all your help Paul_s [smilie=ebil-thumbu:

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
There are two brightness adjustments, one for daylight settings and one for night time. Make sure you adjust both. However I do find that if the car is cold and I go out at night that it can be exceedingly dim almost like the backlight is trying to warm up but can't. In this case I switch it day mode for the first 5-10 mins of my journey to "warm it up".

No problem on the help, it's what we're all here for. I got so much from everyone here when I first bought mine, I'm happy to repay the favours.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
There are two brightness adjustments, one for daylight settings and one for night time. Make sure you adjust both. However I do find that if the car is cold and I go out at night that it can be exceedingly dim almost like the backlight is trying to warm up but can't. In this case I switch it day mode for the first 5-10 mins of my journey to "warm it up".

No problem on the help, it's what we're all here for. I got so much from everyone here when I first bought mine, I'm happy to repay the favours.

Reset the sat nav and went into the sub menus to change the date by gps but it didn't work even downloaded something but still cant get into the audio part even though the button is working according to the diagnostics and cant even ask for the audio as this doesn't work either although the button also works.

Didn't know about the 2 adjustments so will have a look at that
cable worked on a 30 pin ipod and came through the speakes so will buy a genuine adaptor today and re check this
Thanks Paul

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the link and that's what im trying to find but when I push the Audio button on the control panel nothing happens :frown2:
but when I did the diagnostics the button works when tested..... Strange??

1 - 20 of 23 Posts