2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Enthusiastic Supporter
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can get hold of the small electric spade connectors (male & female) that Honda use?

These are half the size of those in your general motor factors and I don't expect Honda is an option(?)

When I fitted my Fiam horns I had to cropdown a standard 1/4"connector which lasted over a year before failing (I think - as I haven't managed to get behind the grill and check yet!). Weather proofing being reliant on several wraps of tape!

·
12th June 2006 1.8EX
1,119 Posts
Have you tried Halfords? Last time I looked they seemed to have quite a good selection of spade connectors.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Halfords, Motorworld, Charlie Browns, Maplin. They are sometimes used on the rear of aftermarket speakers to allow easy identification of Pos' and Neg' connections (one connection being large and the other small).

·
Enthusiastic Supporter
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe they are 1/2" and 1/4" connectors and come in the different colours depending on the wire gauge (red/yellow/blue)

The size Honda use are closer to 1/8" - way to small for vehicle electrics.

I will check and confirm but I think I will need a specific vehicle electrical suppliers.

Thanks.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I believe they are 1/2" and 1/4" connectors and come in the different colours depending on the wire gauge (red/yellow/blue)

The size Honda use are closer to 1/8" - way to small for vehicle electrics.

I will check and confirm but I think I will need a specific vehicle electrical suppliers.

Thanks.
Try RS Components. They supply the elecronics and telecommunications industry with all required industry standard components.

http://rswww.com/cgi-bin/bv/rswww/home.do?cacheID=ukie&returningUser=N

If they don't have them, then Honda are the only source. Sorry!

·
12th June 2006 1.8EX
1,119 Posts
Bought some from halfords last year. They fit a 4mm spade rated at 5 amps, part no HEF511 :)

·
Registered
343 Posts
Bought some from halfords last year. They fit a 4mm spade rated at 5 amps, part no HEF511 :)
If they are No good then - what are you trying to connect to? The original Honda Horn connector? Let me know or PM me a picture, I may be able to help.

·
Enthusiastic Supporter
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WavyD,
RS website looks promising (have a contact who works for them as well ;) )

WoolyCic,
The part number for Halfords is a great help (but their web site is useless!!!) - believe they are no wider than 4mm wide - need to check.

Greedy,
Weather/decorating permitting I will try and get a picture this weekend or measure them accurately

The connector is a simple spade connector - although it is inside a plastic block - it is the connector on the horns.

Thank you all for your help - missing my FIAM's !!!!!

·
Registered
375 Posts
missing my FIAM's !!!!!
What you don't like the "Girly Horn" !

I must say. I have two sets of twin electric horns, that I move from vehicle to vehicle. They must be 14 or 15 years old now and still going good, with no obvious signs of age. I may put them into retirement next time and invest in a Stebel Nautilus (or Two !). The Nautilus is essentially a compressor with twin airhorns attached to it. It gives the same "Butch" sound as a normal air horn pair, but in a compact package (with no delay in sounding).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts