2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im starting to get a bad smell when i turn on the fans in the car? smells like poo!
i got A/C but havent used it.
smell has started since i replaced the pollen filter.

is it a build up of bacteria in the A/C unit and it needs cleaning?

·
ciVinfo resident
470 Posts
sounds like it mate unless someone drop a pizza under the seat :) have you tried these spray can cleaners where you just leave it on inside and full blast the air con?

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
lone ranger, search the forum using the search function for this problem, maybe using the wording 'wet dog smell' or 'dog' or something like that as that is what a majority of people on here called it..there are loads on posts on the problem. Think its due to people not using the aircon reguarly enough (me included).

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i did do a search but couldnt find much.
ive ordered something by CarPlan Kleen air aircon cleaner & purifier only cost me £5 from ebay.

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks i found one of those links before, then purchased the cleaner.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I took mine to the dealer to get it sorted - charged me £74.99 for the full works and it's a lot better. Still getting a whiff every now and again though which I'm not best pleased about along with a whistle on the far left fan.

Just spent the morning going through the car trying to isolate what it could be, looks like they hadn't put the pollen filter cover back on properly as when I put the fans on full blast it just blew the cover off along with the filter. :rolleyes:

Now that that's sorted, maybe it'll be better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts