2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I was planning buying V-leds LED sidelights to my Civic.

They have three different shapes of the LED lights: 360Style/FlankStyle/ForwardStyle.
What is recommended for matching the Civics reflector? I want maximum light output.

194 - 168 - 158 LED - 6K White LED

(sorry for my bad english)

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
+1

If it's max light output you're after, get in touch with Mr JP on the forum. He has some 25 LED 360's that look awesome.

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
Ah, fair enough mate. But I'd still recommend the 360 ones :)

·
...FORM > FUNCTION...
423 Posts

·
OMG8THGENEX
840 Posts
You'll be hard pushed to find a 'white' solution as LED's cannot emit 'pure white'. All LED's bulb's will have a blue tinge to a varying degree; becoming 'bluer' the more LED's on the bulb.

If you would like a pure white I recommend something like 'Philips Blue Vision' or 'Osram Cool Blue' ...both standard w5w 501 bulbs that give a good powerful projection of light.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You'll be hard pushed to find a 'white' solution as LED's cannot emit 'pure white'. All LED's bulb's will have a blue tinge to a varying degree; becoming 'bluer' the more LED's on the bulb.

If you would like a pure white I recommend something like 'Philips Blue Vision' or 'Osram Cool Blue' ...both standard w5w 501 bulbs that give a good powerful projection of light.
I have changed my hids to philips 6000K so the have slightly more blue to them than the original hids. So I think some LED sidelights could be okay.

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
pure white LED is a more complicated thing to manufacture compared to an 'ice white' or blue tint LED. A lot of the new cars with factory DRL's have them but they're probably quite expensive as an option... its not impossible to find them as aftermarket spares but very difficult in my experience :facepalm:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts