2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Snapped PCV Valve FN2 inside :(

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Das 
#1 ·
Hi peeps, so i decided to replace the PCV valve on my FN2 Type R 2009 and snap the end of the threads of came off inside? Sigh... Can someone tell me the actual name of where the valve goes in, and can it be removed via the 2 bolts that keep it secure? :( was such a easy just job just not my day. oh well live n learn!

#7 ·
Came across this thread accidentally.
In the spirit of sharing really useful info, I would suggest trying the ultimate penetrant: Acetone/ATF

As old-timers we've all snapped rusty bolts and tried WD40, then realised what 'WD' stands for and searched for alternatives.
I've tried PB Blaster, PlusGas and anything else I could get my hands on. They all came short, irrespective of price.

Care needs to be taken with acetone of course, but it's cheap. Any old ATF bottle will do too, so cost-wise this is the cheapest option by some margin.
Easy to experiment with various ATF ratios, 80% up to 50% perhaps and see what works best for you. An old spray bottle is also needed, try it beforehand in case the plastic reacts to acetone.
As a penetrant, it beats any commercial offering I've come across.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.